Fern Britton...Her business if she has a GB!

BellyFlop

Silver Member
Just been on DS and all hell is breaking loose over Fern Britton and Alison Hammond having Gastric Bands!!!!

It's their perogative and they paid for them, so why are people 'let down', Gawd, what next? Will Fern and Alison need public approval to have sex or fart?

At least they are both doing something and trying, people should calm it down!

GB's are the most drastic of weight loss options and they shouldn't be publicly lashed for doing what they choose to do to succeed!

Good Luck to em both, Fern looks Fab!

Hear hear!

I dont get why people get so worked up over what method people use to loose weight. weirdos.

yeah good luck to them - but why lie about it. Its no ones business fair enough - but lie?

yeah good luck to them - but why lie about it. Its no ones business fair enough - but lie?

I wouldn't call it lying.....Fern's Hubby said she'd lost weight through eating smaller portions and exercise....which she has, albiet after WLS....She may be a celebrity but she is entitled to a private life!

Her Secret.....

Just been on DS and all hell is breaking loose over Fern Britton and Alison Hammond having Gastric Bands!!!!

It's their perogative and they paid for them, so why are people 'let down', Gawd, what next? Will Fern and Alison need public approval to have sex or fart?

At least they are both doing something and trying, people should calm it down!

GB's are the most drastic of weight loss options and they shouldn't be publicly lashed for doing what they choose to do to succeed!

Good Luck to em both, Fern looks Fab!

BF see my same thread - i'm just annoyed at her for lying - of course she has the right to do it, as does anyone, but if you are in the public eye and everyone loves you then what you do professionally or even personally does have an impact on the way the public live there own lives - she should have trusted that we would have understood x

2hour,

What's your thread title? I missed that!

I don't agree, I think she is entitled to not have to disclose such information......if she wants to talk then great, if not her choice to remain quiet.

Also WLS is much more than a 'quick fix', her whole persona, emotionally, mentally, physically is changing and she may not have been ready to speak out...yet...or at all!

I knida agree ..but saying she had done it eating healthy is wrong!!!!! she is entitled to privacy AND gb OPS MUST BE SOOOO HARD ...but i agree i think she or OH lied!

2hour,

What's your thread title? I missed that!

I don't agree, I think she is entitled to not have to disclose such information......if she wants to talk then great, if not her choice to remain quiet.

Also WLS is much more than a 'quick fix', her whole persona, emotionally, mentally, physically is changing and she may not have been ready to speak out...yet...or at all!

Not telling - you might shout at me;)

of course she is entitled to a private life and I really dont care what she does to lose weight. But I do object to the fact that she was anging on about her healthy eating plan and her cycling stuff, making people believe thats how she lost it. Thats misleading :)

I knida agree ..but saying she had done it eating healthy is wrong!!!!! she is entitled to privacy AND gb OPS MUST BE SOOOO HARD ...but i agree i think she or OH lied!

Mass Hysteria and claims she has let us down are soooo mad. Fern is an adult who should be to make her private choices without having to justify herself to the great british fat public!

Let's face it, she's looks fab and the ones of us pissing and moaning about her 'lies and deception' would give their eye tooth to look half as good?!:rolleyes:

Back to reality and let Fern off the crucifix please......and let's find a real criminal to publicly hang!

of course she is entitled to a private life and I really dont care what she does to lose weight. But I do object to the fact that she was anging on about her healthy eating plan and her cycling stuff, making people believe thats how she lost it. Thats misleading :)

But she used that alongside WLS!

I don't tell eveybody I'm on LT! A friend stopped me in a shop a week ago and was gushing about my weight loss, I told her it was 'cutting down'.......cause I have haven't I?:D

Some people don't need to know the full story yet!;)

Very well said :clap:

Thank You!:):):)

Fern doesn't have to explain herself to anybody as do any of us here!:)

Yeah i have told only a few people about doing LT - I dont want everyone know, maybe someday, but not now.....

I Think People Got So Mad About It Because She Was Gracing Every Magazine She Could Preaching About Healthy Eating When She Had A Different Method Altogether.thats Not Saying She Didnt Eat Healthy,i Agree That Of Course She Has Every Right To Privacy But At The Same Time With The Job She Does She Has To Expect A Little Bit Of A Backlash,as Alot Of People Look Up To Her And How She Does Things.
I For 1 Think She Looks Fantastic And Dont Really Care How She Did It And As Strange As It Sounds You Will Have People Out There Who Feel Cheated By What She Did,
Elaine

Yeah i have told only a few people about doing LT - I dont want everyone know, maybe someday, but not now.....

Exactly! Just like poor Fern, we'd get our LT knockers having a go at us! There's always somebody out there with a back handed compliment ready to piss on your chips....so to speak!:D

there is a big difference between us who dont tell our friends about our diets and fern. She gets paid big endorsements and advertising royalties and fees for saying, doing and promoting the things she does. She sold her story to loads of mags that are read by people who will be influenced by her. Thats why I think she is wrong. Like I said I dont care what she eats or does not eat but when you know she is profiting out of a lie I think thats wrong :)

Yes her private life is her business but when asked by reporters she should have said nothintg at all rather than lie. Not telling a friend what diet you are on is not the same as telling a nation and sharing the supposed diet that you lost the weight on.

Mass Hysteria and claims she has let us down are soooo mad. Fern is an adult who should be to make her private choices without having to justify herself to the great british fat public!

Let's face it, she's looks fab and the ones of us pissing and moaning about her 'lies and deception' would give their eye tooth to look half as good?!:rolleyes:

Back to reality and let Fern off the crucifix please......and let's find a real criminal to publicly hang!
i dont agree with the hysteria ....just dont agree with celebs lying. All those magazine prinitng stopid diets and having young impresioable kids/teenagers reading them are full of crock! the girl who played sonia in eastenders proved that .... none of those celebs who were sporting there new bods had done them.
As to wanting to look like fern errrr no thanks i lke me xxx everyone should be allowed a private life....but they need to think about the reprocusions sp? of leading people on with their claims of what diet they have been on....at the end of the day its a quick wedge for them ...but for some people aho have been serverily depressed by their weight and have tried all those silly diets in some cases it has lead to suicide!!!

P.S I have told everyone i am on LT and stuff em and their comments at the end of the day its for me ...noone else and i will tell the world how i have done it as i think other people can also reap the benefits of LT!!

Fern is one of my all time favourite celebs! Down to earth, funny and fab at whatever size. I think more power to her.

I am the same as Bellyflop......I have told some people that I am losing weight by eating less and exercising more......Which is true but LT is none of their business.

Back