Ferrero Rocher

Sel1

Hi all

I want to make some ferrero rocher, but i've seen recipes using scan bran, ryvitta, bran flakes, weetabix & all bran. Which recipe is the nicest do you think i.e. that tastes & has more of a ferrero texture?

Thanks

I really like the wheetabix version!! Haven't tried the others so I can't compare but the wheetabix tastes so good..x

Tay10r said:
I really like the wheetabix version!! Haven't tried the others so I can't compare but the wheetabix tastes so good..x

Seconded.

Depends how many of them you're making I suppose. Weetabix are 3 syns each I think.

Hi all

I want to make some ferrero rocher, but i've seen recipes using scan bran, ryvitta, bran flakes, weetabix & all bran. Which recipe is the nicest do you think i.e. that tastes & has more of a ferrero texture?

Thanks

I have just made some using Scan Bran and they are absolutely amazing. I used 5 SB, 3tbpns Nutella and 1 tbspn Golden Syrup - which works out at 14 syns for all of them. I made 14 balls exactly. Next time I'll make them with either weetabix or ryvita to see what the difference is. I certainly noticed the scan bran took a bit of 'eating' so I really felt as if I had had something if you know what I mean.

Thanks all. I made the scan bran version. I made it with 8 scan bran, 4 tbsp nutella, 1tbsp golden syrup & 1 tbsp water. It made 30 ferrero rocher at 1 syn each.

Think i'll have to have a go with 'Sprinkles' recipe. Mine was very scan branny...nice though. I'd say it tasted like nutella mixed with sawdust. lol. Another person at my taster made some & reckoned she'd done it the same way only hers was proper nutella-fied & the crunchy bits were bigger & didn't taste like scan bran at all! Her's looked like a dollop of nutella & mine looked like a solid truffle.

If I was to make this with weetabix how many would I need? Also where can I find the recipe?

I`ve make them with multi grain ryvita and nutella but have never added syrup ( I have tried cadburys chocolate spread but was not as nice as nutella)
just make sure you make plenty tho cos mine always dissappear from the fridge as quick as I can make them ...... and not by me!! ha ha

Back