Fess up now!

Mummoth

Silver Member
What did you used to eat, pre-SW?

For me, brekkie would be a fried egg sandwich (bread dripping in butter), followed by jam on toast.

Mid morning, chocolate biscuit bar (Penguin, Kitkat etc)

Lunch: Cheese on toast (2), crisps, chocolate biscuit bar

Mid afternoon: Sandwich

Dinner: Probably similar to what I have now, except containing more fat & less veg, followed by a chocolate mousse or chocolate biscuit bar

Supper: Sandwich, followed by crisps.

The funny thing is, I used to kid myself I didn't know why I was so overweight as I reckoned I didn't overeat!

I was pretty healthy with food during most days but I am terriable binge eater even on SW now but getting them down to one off day instead constant of a period that lasts a few days. I would for example eat loads of ice cream, burgers, chips, bread and cereal all in one hit and it was bloody disgusting though it was a comfort at the time!

Lunch in my old job used to pretty much be a full fat sandwich from Marksies (normally bacon and egg mayo), crisps and a chocolate bar! Breakfast and evening meals haven't really changed! Oh and chocolate bars for snacks from the vending machines! Haven't done any of that since 01/10/09! xxx

I either went:

Breakfast: Nothing
Lunch: Nothing
Tea: Take out or bread loaded with cheese (half a big block), oven chips (half a massive bag), pizza (whole one to myself), sausages. Followed by ice-cream, chocolate (large bar), cakes (whole one), cookies (whole bag).

Supper: Half a loaf of tiger bread.

OR:

Breakfast: 4 slices of toast with jam or nutella
Lunch: Cake/cookies/chocolate/multiple packets of crisps
Tea: Take out or oven chips and breaded chicken. Followed by cheesecakes, 2 x duo snickers, ice-cream, other sticky gooey cakes.

Supper: More bread!

I haven't had a take-away or a snickers in four weeks. *withdrawal*

My meals weren't much different to what they are now to be honest. I would have had more cereal and proper sized bread for toast but I never used butter and always had semi skimmed milk.

Lunches were ryvita and cottage cheese or salad or a sandwich and lots of fruit and my evening meals were similar to now.

The things which made me overweight were cakes/sandwiches at Starbucks/Costa, a take away on a weekend ( two or three things to myself), garlic bread with pasta, naan bread with a curry and sweets. Lots of sweets. And chocolate. Lots of chocolate!!

I gradually gained weight whilst I was on my own, boredom and comfort. I still have sweets and chocolate and a takeaway but I'm more careful.

My meals haven't changed that much but my snacks and treats have.

For breakfast I would have 2 large slices of wholemeal or granary, with butter and marmite or peanut butter.

Mid morning would always be crisps.

Lunches are pretty much the same, then for tea it would again be pretty much the same but with added olive oil, butter, cream or bread on the side. Also used to have a dreaded takeaway at least three times a month.

Then I wouldn't think twice about sharing a big bag of maltesers or a big choccie bar with my OH, and a couple of glasses of wine every night!!

It's no wonder the weight piled on really...

My meals were more or less what they are now even cooked with fry light and the same size portions, my downfall was the fact that I couldnt choose between crisps, chocolate, costa, greggs etc I would have any or all that were on offer at once so a costa coffee with a cream cake and crisps on top of usual meals and then id take any sweets that were offered to me also (I work in a hospital there are always sweets & choccies knocking around from grateful patients) I would then have more crisps and chocolate later on at home

I can honestly say SW isnt that much of a chore to me because its my usual diet without the rubbish in between and the odd tweak to replace the choccies etc

My breakfast would be a bowl of cereal, but healthy cereal, not sugar ladened. Lunch pretty much the same as now but with more cheese & mayo, I just don't eat mayo now I chose to use my syns on other things.

For snacks I've always eaten fruit but my yoghurts were not always fat free.

Also as you know on a saturday night MiL comes round with wine & chocs, now I syn everything up, before I'd eat some chocs on a Saturday & whatever was left (& she does bring round lots) I'd eat the following day.

I'd have a large glass of wine in the evenings.

Really it's no wonder I've found the SW plan easy, I've only made small changes to my eating habbits.

For me it was extra cakes/crisps/biscuits during the day that were my main problem. I do still struggle with the mid-morning munchies and when I do an options hot choc & a banana help me out alot.

Being strict about taking my lunch into work & measuring out my porridge in the morning has helped me focus.

The meals I cook in the evening are still pretty much the same except I use frylite instead of a bit of oil, but portion size has come down a bit and I eat from a smaller plate/bowl.

I still struggle (especially when OH comes back from the shop with an ice cream or chocolate) and I guess I'm likely to have to be careful about it for the rest of my days too.

My big weight gain was down to medication. I took it for 5 years....it was as a result of cancer. Even when I stopped last July I still kidded myself I could not lose weight.

I just woke up one morning and thought today's the day. No reason... no function to prepare for nothing.

My weaknesses were butter, pastry, and red wine. Potatoes mashed with lashings of butter, gravy made with fried onions. Anything in a light crispy batter, Indian food. The list goes one. I never eat chocolate, it makes me puke....literally. I love it but it hates me. I used to use that when I whinged on about being fat..... I can hear myself saying....but I don' even eat chocolate. What I omitted to say was what I did eat.

I drank a full bottle of wine every night and sometimes a liquior or two. Now I do not touch a drop and don't want to.

Breakfast - weekdays = toast & Crereal
weekends = fry up

Lunch - sandwich, crisps & chocolate

Dinner - lasagne, shpeards pie, Lots of bread and stodge

Snacks - chocolate, biscuits, cake, cereal etc etc

Back