Katy's Weight Loss - first post!

Hello Everyone!
I started my weight loss through Slimming World on the 21st January 2016 at home, I'm only 4ft 9inches and weighed 12 stone so have a horrific BMI (36.3) which I'm not watching every week but wanted to know my BMI to begin with.

I tried Slimming World in 2013 but didn't stick with it as I was still living at home and managing a store not eating breakfast or lunch then coming home with ready meals. I have always had issues with my weight, at my lightest in the last year I was 10 stone that was about March/April 2015. However, in December 2015 I needed surgery and was bed ridden for a number of weeks as I couldn't walk. Since then I'm starting to think about my future, my "little" sister is getting married in July 2017, I'd love to start thinking about a family of my own and getting married myself. When I started Slimming World in 2013 I had no idea what my goals were, this time I have now sat down and given myself good overall goal which is: Get down to 8 stone 4lb (healthy weight for my height) by July 2017 for my sisters wedding.

In my first week I lost 4.5lb which for someone who can only do very limited exercise (due to still recovering from surgery) I felt dead proud of myself.:)

Slimming World has really helped me get cooking nutritional foods that I actually enjoy considering I'm such a fussy eater (even if the other half won't put a healthy thing near his mouth, think I deserve a medal with all the chocolate, crisps and sweets in my house and not touched any!)

It's nice knowing there is a site like this that helps with syn values as I'm not paying the online subscription as yet due to being signed off for over a month.

The recipes/meals I have tried are:
Chicken Jambalaya (really nice cold the day after!)
Spaghetti Bolognese (mums recipe but still free)
Chilli con Carne (MY FAVOURITE)
Syn free HEB Oat biscuits (ok but not crunchy enough for me)
Granola and Fat Free Yogurt (always enjoyed)
Cooked chicken with salad wholemeal roll/ryvita
Scrambled eggs on wholemeal toast
Bacon, sausage and egg on toast
Aloo gobi and rice
Sunday Roast
Loads of fruit and vegetables

I haven't really had much more time to trial new recipes, but what i have made I've made in batches and freeze for convenience.

I'm weighing myself for the second time tomorrow and a tad worried as I feel this week has been a tad harder with temptations but i haven't indulged in huge quantities of the things I used to have.

21-01-16: starting weight 12 stone
28-01-16: Lost 4.5lb :)
04-02-16:

Hi Katy!! Good luck for losing weight, you are doing really well so far!! :)

The Fakeaways recipe book is amazing, and full of lovely recipes. The Sweet and Sour Chicken one is lovely! It's probably on the website as well.

Hi itsGCbaby! Thanks so much so pleased all things considering! I have tried the takeaway some time ago and it was really good :) will be attempting new recipes soon! I need to look into more breakfast options, i like Fat Free Yoghurt and HEb granola, tried making flapjacks the other day which i syned, need to find more options that are quick that i can take to work.

Back