Festival advice!

Becca Wecca

skinny minny here I come!
I'm going to V Festival next weekend. I have never been to a festival before and really don't know what to expect! At the moment I am almost dreading it because it is supposed to rain the weekend and I hate rain!!!

So ifnwenhave any festival veterans here I could really do with some advice!

we went to oxygen and it absolutely poured rain for the full festival. the only thing we regret was not bringing wellies with us because there is nothing worse than wet socks. but i must say it was the best fun ever being out singing and dancing in the rain. just bring the jackets and wellys and it will be great fun.

Becca Wecca said:
I'm going to V Festival next weekend. I have never been to a festival before and really don't know what to expect! At the moment I am almost dreading it because it is supposed to rain the weekend and I hate rain!!!

So ifnwenhave any festival veterans here I could really do with some advice!

I've made every mistake in the book at festivals so here goes!

Bring wellies but bring sun cream too cos you never know. Bring a rain mac with a hood too, yeah they look naff but there's nothing worse than being stuck with wet hair at a festival when it gets cold at night and you don't want to be carting a brolly around lol.

Don't spend all your money on band merch and CDs on the first day leaving you with no money to eat for the rest of the festival (Hellfest 2008 was er... interesting shall we say!).

Bring a blow up mattress if you can, I know I personally can't sleep in a tent without one. Even better, don't do what I did at my very first festival and neglect to bring a sleeping bag at all 'won't need one, the weather is so nice!') - big mistake!

Bring as many wet wipes and as much loo roll as you can carry. And plastic carrier bags, bring plenty of those! I had them wrapped round my shoes in the mud at Wacken and if it is muddy you want to keep as much of it out of your tent as you can. On that note, if it is raining and muddy wear shorts as long as it's not freezing cold. I know that sounds weird but otherwise you end up with hems of trousers dragging in the mud and it feels grim and weighs you down.

Main thing? Enjoy it! Even if it rains you can still have fun, just try and be prepared for it and then it can't spoil your fun. x

Back