Feta cheese

ally7997

Silver Member
So quite often I have my HEA choice of feta cheese but as you only get 50g that's 1/4 of the pack and I often don't want it everyday, do you think it would freeze ok? It's annoying cos once the pack is open it only lasts about 3 days!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ally7997 said:
So quite often I have my HEA choice of feta cheese but as you only get 50g that's 1/4 of the pack and I often don't want it everyday, do you think it would freeze ok? It's annoying cos once the pack is open it only lasts about 3 days!

Google freezing cheese delia as I'm sure she has a list of cheeses that freeze well xxx

Can you not buy the tubs with small chunks of feta ? I think Ive bought them in the past for salads .

peggypig said:
Can you not buy the tubs with small chunks of feta ? I think Ive bought them in the past for salads .

I thought they were in oil? Plus they are quite expensive compared to £1.40 for a pack.

It can be frozen if anyone was wondering.

ally7997 said:
I thought they were in oil? Plus they are quite expensive compared to £1.40 for a pack.

It can be frozen if anyone was wondering.

Its good to know that it can be frozen - Thanks.

The little tubs are brine not oil, but you are right, it is slightly more expensive. The feta in a block normally is ok to use for upto 5 days once opened and the little pots 7 days once opened :)

Back