Few Take Away PP

I'm off to Akbars curry house in York tomorrow! I don't like rice or naan bread/chapatis I usually have mixed bhajis to start, veg curry/dry curry in the middle with a poppadum and the pickle tray. I may buy the EOG when I go to the meeting tonight but does anyone have any tips?

Ruth
X

I think theres only 6 in the country, 2 in Manchester one in Leeds one in York one in Bradford and one in Rotherham near Sheffield. I couldn't find anything on those. Does anyone have any general curry advice?

Ruth
X

Go for chicken or fish and if possible have sauce on the side.. And go for a clear sauce... They're usually lower...
Or have chow mein if you like that... That's quite low..
Have a 0pp soup before ya leave to take away that starving feeling and stop you eating the whole serving.. Good Luck :D

Thanks very much :) will post back to let you know what I ate!

Ruth
X

laurenasha said:
whoop whoop -4lb for me this week :) 3stone all together :) have a really sore tummy though so if it doesn't feel better soon i might not get my chow mein!!! fingers crossed lol xxxx

Well done that's great :)

OK I have called WW and its not on any of their lists (glad am not paying for WW anymore) BUT she has Prawn Szechuan down at 12pp's so it "guessing it would be at least 2 more than that"
I also confirmed Chicken with Mushroom while I was on to her and its 8pp's..
I also asked if the ProPoints Values were per restaurant portion, or take away portion and they are per restaurant portion.. So yer takeaway would be almost double!! Coz we all know you dont get the same size portion in yer take away as in the restaurant!!!

Arrrg! Damn you chinese for being soooo delicious! I would honestly eat prawn toast for breakfast lol although 14 for szechuan isnt bad, usually use about 15 points for dinner any way.

Szechaun??? What's that!! Not sure but is that not the value before rice/chips? :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Arrrg! Damn you chinese for being soooo delicious! I would honestly eat prawn toast for breakfast lol although 14 for szechuan isnt bad, usually use about 15 points for dinner any way.

Yes but that's just the szechuan.. then you've add rice and/or chips!!! And its a restaurant portion.. So probably almost double that depending on how generous your chinese portions are...
I hadn't had szechuan before. My normal would be chicken with mushroom.. I LOVE that.. And now wish I hadn't tried something new as now I love szechuan too :'(

Szechuan is a kinda spicy clear sauce.. its just chilli and soy sauce or something.. But its delish.. But you dont wana have it.. You might love it too :D

is that not the value before rice/chips? :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

yea that's the pp's before anything is added.. its just for the main dish.. As with all other pointing in the book..

OK I have called WW and its not on any of their lists (glad am not paying for WW anymore) BUT she has Prawn Szechuan down at 12pp's so it "guessing it would be at least 2 more than that"
I also confirmed Chicken with Mushroom while I was on to her and its 8pp's..
I also asked if the ProPoints Values were per restaurant portion, or take away portion and they are per restaurant portion.. So yer takeaway would be almost double!! Coz we all know you dont get the same size portion in yer take away as in the restaurant!!!

That's really interesting and throws some light on the 'a special chow mein is only 9pp' debate. I've always thought that was so so low for a special chow mein and now to know it's for a restaurant portion (which is about 3/4 the size of a takeaway one - if not less!) makes me glad I've overpointed it all this time. :)

That's really interesting and throws some light on the 'a special chow mein is only 9pp' debate. I've always thought that was so so low for a special chow mein and now to know it's for a restaurant portion (which is about 3/4 the size of a takeaway one - if not less!) makes me glad I've overpointed it all this time. :)

I know yea.. I know my leader lead us (me!!) to believe it was for a take away portion and was delighted.. Coz its lighter than some dinners i'd have made at home..

The Chinese section of the Eat Out book has Char Sui Pork as 11PPs - would Thai Char Sui Pork be the same? x

We're having chinese tonight and was going to have chicken and mushroom as I normally have beef and mushroom - but just out of curiosity - how many would beef and mushroom be?! Anyone? Not in the Eating Out Guide! :(

i would say 3pp on top of the chicken one!! because beef is a bit higher than chicken xxxx

Back