Fighting fit for Fifty... My journey this year.

I'm not sure it would work well on guinea pigs, on account of all that fur.

Can I nominate Mr C Firth, or Mr G Clooney for us to try it out on?

I'm not sure it would work well on guinea pigs, on account of all that fur.

Can I nominate Mr C Firth, or Mr G Clooney for us to try it out on?

Of course, I was only saying the other day to Colin and George that it's been a while since we were in the shower together... I'm sure they'd oblige ... Bev... Is your new shower available ?? Is is big enough to fit us all in ?...:)

Of course, I was only saying the other day to Colin and George that it's been a while since we were in the shower together... I'm sure they'd oblige ... Bev... Is your new shower available ?? Is is big enough to fit us all in ?...:)
It would be okay for 4 but a bit cosy for any more.
Mind you - I don't mind cosy if Colin and George are involved ! :D:D:D

As I said to Jackie - USS Enterprise on it's way . . . :beam:

Morning folk...

What a miserable morning! I let the girls out this morning and they looked at me and strutted off as though it was my fault :rolleyes:

Menu for today....

BREAKFAST

SS Milk HEXA
All Bran HEXB

Banana SF

LUNCH

Mixed Salad SF

Yog FF
Tangerine SF

DINNER

Colcannon FF

Fruit Salad SF

Snacks

Quavers 5.5 Syns

Saw a pic this morning of colcannon served in a ring with a sauce in the middle. I thought it looked a good idea so will be making that for tonights meal. The only problem is I don't know what sauce to make that's SW friendly. Any ideas anyone? I'd prefer non tomato based sauces as the colcannon will have cabbage and cauli and broccoli and I dont feel it will go with it.

Morning Dawn, its miserable this side of Lincolnshire too :(:(
could you make a sauce with creme fraiche instead of using butter and flour? add bit of mustard and cheese, would that work?

Morning Jackie, Yes, I thought of a cheesy sauce, I thought it would be high in syns for the flour, clover, milk and cheese though. It is definitely top of the leader board atm!

Did the parcel arrive? It was sent first class yesterday.

If you only have a small amount the syns would not be so bad :) I often use the colemans cheese sauce (8 syns a packet) and allow myself half :D

The parcel was here when I got in a few mins ago sitting on the door step waiting for me :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: OMG I'm in heaven its all fab. Not tried the soaps yet but I have the salve on, the pulse point thingy on, and the lip balm :giggle: I was like a kid in a toy shop Dawnie its all fab fab fab and anyone thinking of getting any get some :D :D :D all so beautifully packaged and all made by the lovely Dawnie herself OMG its all lush :D

How excited am I?

I need to do my work and get some pennies in cos I need more salves, I need more soaps, I need more of everything :D :D :D I shall be back cos I'm going to give Mum a soap for mothers day as she'll love the real lavendar one :D

I need a salve for the men Dawnie so let me know which is best or less smelly cos they won't use lavendar and Matt and Gary both get cracked fingers in the winter due to work :(

Also do you do the wooden soap dish thingys as mine is gross and I cant buy them here

Fab for gifts too Dawnie :D beautiful you are so clever.

:thankyou: I am so so so glad you put that link up and mentioned your melter :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning Dawn, its miserable this side of Lincolnshire too :(:(
could you make a sauce with creme fraiche instead of using butter and flour? add bit of mustard and cheese, would that work?

I see what you mean, rather than do a roux sauce, just use CF as a base and add cheese and mustard... That's an idea if I get to the shops. If not I might use SS milk from my allowance and syn the others. ;)

If you only have a small amount the syns would not be so bad :) I often use the colemans cheese sauce (8 syns a packet) and allow myself half :D

The parcel was here when I got in a few mins ago sitting on the door step waiting for me :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: OMG I'm in heaven its all fab. Not tried the soaps yet but I have the salve on, the pulse point thingy on, and the lip balm :giggle: I was like a kid in a toy shop Dawnie its all fab fab fab and anyone thinking of getting any get some :D :D :D all so beautifully packaged and all made by the lovely Dawnie herself OMG its all lush :D

How excited am I?

I need to do my work and get some pennies in cos I need more salves, I need more soaps, I need more of everything :D :D :D I shall be back cos I'm going to give Mum a soap for mothers day as she'll love the real lavendar one :D

I need a salve for the men Dawnie so let me know which is best or less smelly cos they won't use lavendar and Matt and Gary both get cracked fingers in the winter due to work :(

Also do you do the wooden soap dish thingys as mine is gross and I cant buy them here

:thankyou: I am so so so glad you put that link up and mentioned your melter :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Are you pleased with your goodies Jackie ???:D:D:D:D

Seriously, thank you so much for your lovely comments. It's always good to get feedback. The Tea Tree Handsalve is good for men as it's quite a medicinal scent. I've had a lot of positive comments on it. With the handsalve, you don't need to use a lot as it's not a water based cream so doesn't evaporate, just use a tiny amount and rub it in well. It's also a very effective nail conditioner and if you use the lavender one last thing at night it helps you settle down to a lovely nights sleep. Especially when accompanied by a double brandy :D

How excited am I?

Forgot to say, I am waiting for the soap decks to come in, they are on order at the moment.

Last edited:
cool re the soap deck :D:D:D:D let me know. They are hard to get and I bought 6 last time but they soon go yacky and I've used my last one which is one its last legs :8855:

I adore handmade anything. I love the fact someone made it and I love the fact its different and better for us :D Just me. I always have. I tried homemade soap from some others in the UK but its not real its plastic ;) Yours is exactly what I love, real soap, really good ingredients and best of all made with love :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: I am such a happy bunny. I used just a little of the salve and have soft hands :D:D:D:D I am calm as I am lavendered out :D:D:D:D:D:D and I just accomplished part two of my football car run :bliss: I did it :wee:

Dabster - I just make a cheese sauce with milk (HexA), 30g full fat cheese (HexB) per person and thicken with cornflour (1 level tsp = 1 syn) mixed into a little milk. I use about 2 tsp for ½ pt milk.

Ok it doesn't taste quite so nice as being made with butter but a perfectly acceptable alternative if you're pouring over other tasty stuff.

cool re the soap deck :D:D:D:D let me know. They are hard to get and I bought 6 last time but they soon go yacky and I've used my last one which is one its last legs :8855:

I adore handmade anything. I love the fact someone made it and I love the fact its different and better for us :D Just me. I always have. I tried homemade soap from some others in the UK but its not real its plastic ;) Yours is exactly what I love, real soap, really good ingredients and best of all made with love :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: I am such a happy bunny. I used just a little of the salve and have soft hands :D:D:D:D I am calm as I am lavendered out :D:D:D:D:D:D and I just accomplished part two of my football car run :bliss: I did it :wee:

Yay........ well done on the driving... Glad you like the soap and salve :):)

Back