Fighting fit for Fifty... My journey this year.

Well it would really help me if people stopped giving me such NICE messages to pass on.

There's my reputation at stake here!

Haha!

Reputation!

It's in tatters sis!

Tis a very nice thing you're doing x

Please pass on lots of nice hugs for me ;)

Copied from another fred - just keeping you up to date:

Dabbie Dawn's doing ok. She's doing a lot of just sitting, cos Andy's doing a lot of sleeping. But apparently the signs are good for the transplant to have "taken". He's going to get an awful lot worse before he starts to get better, but at least Dabbie's keeping her sense of humour. If you can call it that. Let's just say we're both starting to run low on ideas for names of potato varieties!

Hi Dawn :wavey:

I hope all is well with you and Andy sending lots of love and best wishes your way :bighug:

Emma xx

Sorry all, dereliction of duty!

I've had a few messages from Potato Dawn, but there's not really a lot to say that I haven't already said.

Andy's been having a tough time, feeling really yuk.
Apparently it's like the worst hangover in history, but he should start to feel a bit better soon.

Dawn's ever so grateful for everyone's support & messages, and I'm sure she'll be back on here as soon as she's home and things start to sort themselves out a bit.

I'll update again if & when there's anything new to say.

Thanks Sarah x

We do appreciate your updates.

Possibly we may have to work along the lines of 'no news is good news' for a while, until there's more to report as it sounds like the Dabster has got her hands full atm x

Dawn...sending you both love and best wishes for a speedy recovery and a timely return home xxx

Well, it is already good news.
He's still feeling yukky, but slightly less so every day.
They're starting to talk about dates for going home, but it depends on how much his blood count improves.

Watch this space....

Hi guys... We're home!! Still a very long way to go, Andy is so poorly and is as weak as a kitten. I am nursing him at home as the hospital deem it less risky re infections etc. His count was up enough for him to be allowed home. It was a 2 and a half hour journey home and the roads were clear as a bell till we got to our lane and we had snow drifts!! I just about managed to get on to the drive. I have been out and cleared it all this morning and it's snowing again....

Thank you all so much for your lovely kind messages. It's so nice to read them. Special thanks to my pal Sarah for being a real Pentland Javelin and relaying messages via text to my thread.

We still have a long way to go so I won't be around on here very much until he picks up but rest assured when life starts to settle down a bit I will be back.... In the meantime keep up the good work.

XXXXXX

Hey Stemster!
Great to see you here!

I'm glad you're home.
And well driven, to get there.

I hope things carry on getting better,

Osprey x

Welcome home Dawn :). I hope now you are both home Andy goes from strength to strength xxxx

Good news Dabster x

Lots of love and best wishes to u both xxx

Hi Jackie et al

Andy is back in Hospital:cry: His temp spiked so I had to take him in. Not back to Nottingham thank goodness but to Lincoln which is an hour away. They don't know what is causing it yet so have him on broad spectrum AB's. He is feeling much brighter and the D&V has just about gone and he's eating little bits ie ice cream and yogs and an odd slice of toast here and there. He's lost a stone in the last couple of weeks and has no muscle tone in his legs at all.
Unfortunately I can't stay at my son's house as they are all full of coughs and colds :( so I am driving back each night.

I have put weight on :sigh: as I have been eating sarnies and biscuits (from the tea ladies:)) and rubbish basically as there is so little option at hospitals and I'm not in a frame of mind to 'Plan' at the moment. I don't eat in the hospital restaurant as the food is just so greasy and expensive and I don't like mixing with folk atm as one sneeze and I could catch the lurgy and give it to Andy:(
I have been buying loads of fruit to take in but there's only so many satsumas one can stomach :break_diet: I sort of knew this would be the case which is why I said originally that I would n't start Slimming World yet. Also I'm spending a lot of time just sitting at Andy's bedside so piling on the pounds cos of that.

I have been thinking of doing the Race for Life run this year so I should start training soon! Plus I really want to start swimming soon so that should shift a few pounds.

Anyway, it's getting late now so just going to ring Andy to say goodnight and then I'll go to bed to catch up on some sleep!

Nite nite all.

xx

Back