Figs please help!!!

RScothern

I got some figs and have no idea what to do with them. Was going to scoop out the inside and mix with some total 0% but not sure?
How do u eat yours?!?!? Lol

I've got a fig tree! I just pick mine and wash them and eat as is!

I cut a cross in the top of mine, stick a blob of feta cheese in the hole and wrap with ham then bake. Yum!
Or bake whole with a few tsps of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Serve with total 0% yoghurt or if you really want to push the boat out use low fat vanilla icecream!

Just ressurecting this thread as I have some figs and wondered can you eat the skin? Also how long would you cook these for? Never tried a fig and im very excited! Was thinking about having one with goats cheese? X

Id never had figs in my life until about a month ago when Honey sent me this recipe: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/214451-erms-photo-diary-49.html#post4334999

6339760407_fbd2911b70_o.jpg

They were nice in the salad but I really prefer just eating them on their own! I keep getting a pack every week at the moment, although they are a bit expensive and they seem to be getting smaller so I guess theyre out of season now? They're lush though! :drool:

Yep, just eat them whole, skin and all, the only bit you dont eat is the stalk :)

Thanks that looks amazing! I will try that definitely x x

They are great with goats cheese. Just make a slit innthe top and stuff it in. Wrap in ham if you have some too as that's gorgeous and bake for 20 to 15mins.

They are great with goats cheese. Just make a slit innthe top and stuff it in. Wrap in ham if you have some too as that's gorgeous and bake for 20 to 15mins.

Ooooh think Ill try that :)

Going to have that for dinner I think thanks x

I have never had a fig :(

In which case, your new years resolution is to try one - they are delicious, i love em.

Think may be out of season now, so you may have to wait a while.

Back