• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Figs please help!!!

Mel2

Silver Member
I cut a cross in the top of mine, stick a blob of feta cheese in the hole and wrap with ham then bake. Yum!
Or bake whole with a few tsps of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Serve with total 0% yoghurt or if you really want to push the boat out use low fat vanilla icecream!

Just ressurecting this thread as I have some figs and wondered can you eat the skin? Also how long would you cook these for? Never tried a fig and im very excited! Was thinking about having one with goats cheese? X

Id never had figs in my life until about a month ago when Honey sent me this recipe: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/214451-erms-photo-diary-49.html#post4334999

They were nice in the salad but I really prefer just eating them on their own! I keep getting a pack every week at the moment, although they are a bit expensive and they seem to be getting smaller so I guess theyre out of season now? They're lush though! :drool:

Yep, just eat them whole, skin and all, the only bit you dont eat is the stalk :)

Thanks that looks amazing! I will try that definitely x x

They are great with goats cheese. Just make a slit innthe top and stuff it in. Wrap in ham if you have some too as that's gorgeous and bake for 20 to 15mins.
Ooooh think Ill try that :)

Going to have that for dinner I think thanks x

I have never had a fig :(
In which case, your new years resolution is to try one - they are delicious, i love em.

Think may be out of season now, so you may have to wait a while.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Slimming World 5
Syn Values 0
Slimming World Recipes 8
Slimming World Recipes 5
Slimming World Recipes 5