filled jacket potatoes

charleybabes

Silver Member
q1hi all..

really fancy making the stuffed jacket potatoes you know were you take out the potato, mash it up and then put it back in!!...

but i cant remember what im suppose to do with the mash.. what do i add to it to get it all creamy and fluffy??..

anyone got a recipe that i could copy .. or just simply tell me how to do it !!:rolleyes:

Try some quark in the mash, and maybe some chives too. I made mash with a little quark the other day and it was creamy and tasty.

Quark, philly, mayo, butter depends on if you want to use syns or not

Hex A of strong grated cheese and some frylighted chopped onions and then pop the skins under the grill to crisp up a little. Nom!!!
Also, I know Asda do some baking potatoes that have a really lovely fluffy buttery taste to the potato so you don't actually need butter, and they are lovely!!!

I'd definitely add some fried lean bacon, fried onion, some HeX A cheese, and maybe syn a little bit of philly (or Quark, if I want my syns for something else). NOM!

hi all

well i made my jackets tonight.. couldnt get back to the computer to see any ideas so had to make it up !!
i mashed up the potato flesh with low fat cottage cheese for a cheesy mash taste.. used a hxb of bacon cut into chunks and mixed these in with spring onions.. and then put a hxa of cheese over the top.. gorgeous they were ..defo going to make them again!!

Really miss my cheese n butter in the my baked potoates. Unfortunately bake beans don't float my boat lol I'll try the quark though x

Really miss my cheese n butter in the my baked potoates. Unfortunately bake beans don't float my boat lol I'll try the quark though x

Why miss them? Do a green day and use the nice baked potatoes that dont need butter (I think the Asda ones are called Mirabelle?)

You can have 2 hex A of strong cheese on a green day, should you wish to, or get the low low cheese if you want more cheese than the usual Hex amount!!!

Dont deprive, thrive!! :D (I just made that up, I think its suitably cheese-y!)

or look at Ermitrude's low syn free soft cheese, which if you read all the posts can be made syn free..

Here are mine!

Pete’s Potato Skins

Serves 4
Ingredients

4 Baking Potatoes
112g Low Fat Cheddar Cheese (from your daily allowance) = 28g per person
Cajun mix
Philadelphia Low Fat chives & herb Cheese Spread
Toppings of your choice

Method

Wash potatoes and dry, with a fork scrap the sides and prick them.
In (600w) Microwave cook for 10-15 mins, until soft, remove, Put on a baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes at 180c, remove and remove and cut into half. Allow to cool slightly, scoop out most of the cooked potato, leaving a shell of potato and skin about 6-8 mm thick, place the removed potato into a bowl, mix with the cheddar cheese.
Season with salt & pepper. Add any other toppings that you like.
And return for a further 10 mins until crisp and golden.

For a dip, try, Philadelphia chives & herb cheese spread.
PotatoSkinsLarge.jpg

Phily black pepper and spring onion light soft cheese. With bacon and grated cheese over the top. Its filling and a healthly way to use syns etc.

Back