Finally on a roll!

angeljaide

So I've been up and down and bouncing between SW and WW and I am finally getting my head in gear and have started to see some results.

I'm on a 12 week pass for SW because I wanted to try something new, and I am on week 5 of that. However, I hate the SW plan - it does not work for my lifestyle or my likes at all.

So, I have been going to class, doing an hours keep fit beforehand, getting weighed and then heading out again. However, I have been pretty much following WW because actually, I know in my heart that this is the plan for me. It's the only one that fits the way I eat, that I can follow without resenting it and which works in the results on the scales. I love WW and so that's what I am sticking with. So as soon as I have done my last 7 weeks of weigh ins and classes for SW, I am going to rejoin WW on a monthly pass and this is it - I'm going all the way to goal!!

congrats on your fantastic losses so far :happy096:

my mum follows SW she has alot more weight to loose than i do, but i just cannot stand it. i find it teaches the wrong thing, like for example on a 'green day' you can eat as much rice/pasta/couscous as you want-wtf?! :confused: that just seems so crazy to me, i know they encourage to you to recognise when your full etc etc, but if you are fairly heavy, then your stomache will have stretched and therefor you can eat more, so some women at my mums SW literally do this, and dont loose anything-then there wondering why. but i LOVE weight watchers, this is my second time on it, and its really really easy to follow, and most of all enjoyable, with great results aswell! if you plan carefully, and fully understand what points are in what-nothings off limmits, and you find you can still eat all your favourite things just tweek a few ingredients, maybe add more veg, reduce portion size and viola! lol

Last edited:
Hey there pinkprincess. Yeah I cannot follow a diet which charges me 6.5 syns for my morning porridge but says I can eat pasta til I am stuffed. Er...NO!! I know it's each to their own and there are some fantastic losses and success stories on SW but it just isn't for me at all. I think I had a 'grass is greener' moment after a long period of failing miserably at dieting but now I know what works for me (I lost over 50lb last time I did WW) so I am sticking with that and it's losses all the way to goal as far as I am concerned! Got my 4th weigh in tonight and am hoping for another few lbs then another on Saturday (I usually weigh Saturdays but the scales were not working so she said to come back tonight so as not to miss a week). I'm hoping to have my first stone gone by the Saturday weigh in!!

Well done on two fabulous losses. It's not easy to lose all that when you've not got a huge amount to go so well done you and keep it up!!

Hi well done on finding the plan that works for you
I can't do sw as carbs and pcos dint mix and red days and
eat nooooo
Gooduck and you'll soon be another ww success xx

thank you!
i know SW is crazy-ive just got a new found love for porridge, and in my opinion a normal bowl of porridge is much better for you than a mountain of pasta! saying that though my mum has done really really well, lost 1.5stone in 6weeks-but im a pasta lover, and i couldnt resist eating as much pasta as i possibly could! (even those packet os pasta, you know the dry ones that you add water too) are free..........look on the back of one of those they are soooo high in calories! eeek!
i think WW teaches much more about lifestyle choices too-portion controll, when to reel it in and when its okay to let loose a bit too.

Hi Size102b and thanks for the comment :) You're doing brilliant - well done!! Thanks for the words of encouragement. It's ww all the way for me now for sure!!

pinkprincess, given the choice of porridge or pasta, I am chooing porridge!! Pasta in moderation as its so yummy too though ;) Lost another 2lb at weigh in last night. Trying to get another 2lb by Saturday for my stone!!!

many congrats on your weight losses so far and for finding the diet that works for you. I cannot do SW either due to having PCOS - Carbs are my downfall I have to admit!

Wishing you continued success on your weight loss journey

Sharkbait1983 x

Back