Finally stopping the faffing about

vanda

plodding away
Hi all

I have faffed about for a couple of years now, weight up and down flitting from one diet plan to the other and never sticking to anything. I did lose 4 1/2 stone with sw but have now put all that back on and an extra stone for good measure:eek:

Have decided this is the year for me. I lost my mum in November and once again turned to food for comfort but no more. Its finally got through to me that eating everything in sight will not bring my mum back or make me feel any less upset. I have to learn to deal with things in a different way.

Went back to sw last night and am facing today with a positive outlook even though I want to lose almost 9 stone - I know I can do it and more importantly I will do it.:D

Happy new year to all and lets look forward to a fitter and slimmer 2010.

Sorry to hear about your mum but well done for taking the first step. Good luck, you can do it x

How are you finding it so far Vanda?x

So far so good. Will have my 2nd weigh in tomorrow and hope to have a weight loss. Although I have a lot to lose I am feeling positive and am taking it one day at a time - a bit like when I gave up smoking.

I do have low moments when I obviously miss my mum but I have not turned to food in an attempt to mask my feelings and have accepted that it is normal to feel sad.

Hope you are doing well yourself.

Glad you are doing well. Let us know how your WI goes x

Had my 3rd weigh in last night and lost another pound. Pleased with that cos have had the week off work and have eaten out a bit losing my good intentions along the way! Managed to recoup and get back on track and still lose weight so all is well.

Am on nights tomorrow and for the rest of the week, long 10 hour shifts so have got my plan of attack sorted and have done my menu plans for the week, plenty of healthy grub to last the night.

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling great.

I am sorry to hear about losing your mum and so recently too. Just take the diet a day at a time and if you don't have a perfect dieting day don't get too upset about it. And remember it will take time to lose the weight so be patient.

Irene xx

Well done Vanda, great progress so far x

Back