Finding Miss Annie!

floss

Hey! Iv had diary's all over this forum and found them really helpful but never stuck to them and always tried to take the shortcut or do something silly to get the weight off quickly. It's this attitude that leaves me having dieted for 10 years and only achieved a terrible mental dieting state and a lot of weight gain!

So here I am. Not sure of my current weight as im coming out of a terrible binging phase (first love break up) so Im going to leave the scales alone for a while. I just want to feel better...and finally get to the me I know I am but have never been on the outside. No counting of the days, games, gimmicks, plans, products or stupidity, just me, healthy food, a gym and a calorie counter. Id love to get to goal by Christmas but we will see!

Im going to post my menus for a while but not rigidly as that makes me think it's temporary! But i'd welcome your thoughts on my choices.

:)

Last edited:
236439049157018532_6r2ML8kd_b.jpgimages (4).jpg

I adore pictures for motivation and expression. I may be the only person that follows my diary..I guess we will see but I'm going to use it as much as I can to inspire and keep going so I hope it helps you too! My love and general life will probably leak in here too. I want everything laid bare because I believe changing your body affects every aspect of your life, and I have no problem in sharing mine! :wavey:

Are u on mfp? U must weigh urself now to see the benifits. I broke up with my boyfriend in October and I lost a stone in 4 days but was just water and I soon put it back on and he came crawling back aswell. Everyone is different some people eat more when their down. I hope ur be ok I know losing a fist love is very very hard and at the moment u feel like ur be alone forever but trust me u wont. We have age on our side. It's his loss!! U sound like a lovely girl and hopefully losing a bit of weight for yourself and doing things for urself will make u feel amazing. If ur anything like me u will have based ur whole life around a good for nothing man who doesn't do anything back!! So go out their and start doing things for you!! :) xx

Aww thankyou that was a lovely post to read! I lost weight initually by doing a stupid diet for about two months and doing a lot of drinking and exercise to get through the pain. Recently iv been very very stressed due to starting my nursing placement and I think actually starting to realise that it's over etc so triggered binging. Yes, he was my whole life! But enough about him, this is about me! :p Yeah im on mfp "rachaee" iv never dieted right so never kept it off so it's time to be patient i think! I will weigh eventually, but I know from previous experience seeing that high number will make me feel awful and probably binge. my body has gained alot very quickly so i have all the evidence i need! Plus weekly weighing makes me crazy anyway!

Okay, Im determined to celebrate everything about this process...who cares if it's only my first official day! Iv just made myself some lunch. I wasnt very very hungry as i havnt long had breakfast but i felt nibbly so i thought i may as well have a salad and some baked beans. Before, i would have skipped it, gone to the gym thinking it's better to just not eat then ended up binging later. Im hoping this way I will eat, gym it and have enough energy to have a really good run rather than flaking out! Already iv had about a hundred whispers in my mind saying "start tomorrow, binge, it's better tomorrow! etc but I just keep thinking...this is a journey, not a temporary fast weight loss diet. Christmas is my goal. Slow and steady and one day at a time! I can do this :)

I have tried weight watchers and slim world and I lost a bit but couldn't stick to it in my day to day life fresh food and that was too expensive and I dont have time to cook all the time I've done cal counting for 3 weeks now and lost 6 pound. I can stick to it do easily and grab a ready meal when I'm in a hurry and I've had a fair few macdonalds KFC and kebabs along the way and still lose because I stick under the cals and burn more calories in those days. If I were u I'd invest in a pedometer and do lots of walking. Also take a photo of u now and a photo when u feel slimmer. I look at my results and think I've only lost 8 pound :-( but then I look at this photo and realise its making a difference x

image-3554347733.jpg

Yeah you look really different already! Iv literally been dieting for 10 years so i think it's time I accept there is no quick fix and do it the right way. Plus i have 7 more weeks of placement and doing a crazy diet just isnt possible if I want to get through my shifts! Meses with my head aswell and it's not good to be grumpy when caring for poorly children...infact it's just selfish! Im going to allow days off too, for example my friends bday in august will be a LOT of alcohol which is fine, no more sacrificing life for dieting :)

I had a day off Saturday just gone and still lost half a pound so u should be fine. Crazy diets are not realistic coz u can't stick to it then ur get ill and u will put it back on. This calorie counting diet can be life long because now I automatically look at calories went to grab a biscuit earlier thinking wud be ok saw it had 95 cals I put it straight back lol. I see from ur diary ur under eating. Make sure u have Atleast 1200 or ur losses won't be good x

Hey found your diary. Your food looks good so far :D

Just remember you can do this for yourself! It'll be so simple to do a crazy diet and lose 10lbs in 1 weeks but then your learning nothing about portion control which I believe is more useful and will help people maintain rather than a quick fix.

x

Well. I did great, I went to the gym and had an utterly rubbish workout because im so tired...aand then I met up with a friend, ended up in a pub watching the olympics and eating fish and cups and chocolate! Oh dear! I guess it was a very british historic occasion but I think i need a start over tomorrow!

My goodness I wish I could stop the ex from getting in my dreams...it makes it impossible to keep him out of my head! Had a long lay in so only just on my brekkie! Boring day today of starting my HUGE essay which is daunting, got to be done tho I suppose. Although the pain of breaking up is absolutely awful, It's nice to not have the stress of what my relationship had become. When he was with me with nothing to distract him I.e. in a room, not out, not with friends, not watching anything etc he was lovely...the minute he had other things I was the last thing on his mind. It was hard for me to be constantly keeping our relationship going. I guess I should have seen it coming. I always put him before me, in terms of dieting I never succeeded because I thought it wasnt fair on him to have the hassle of me eating differently, even though he said to me how much better I looked when I had lost weight from the first time he broke up with me! It's nice to know that im doing well, my uni and training is going good, i have a good job, amazing friends, a fab life in central london and a supportive family. And now I can focus on me and getting my body to where Iv always wanted it without having to think of him. Time to be a little selfish I think!

Attachments

• 1269063_YDZCIVmH_c.jpg
    1269063_YDZCIVmH_c.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 41
  • letting-go-quotes-300x300.jpg
    letting-go-quotes-300x300.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 103
I'm in the same boat as u the boyfriend has gone out tonight and not heard from him :-( sitting in beefeater eating Ice cream with my friend lol. When it's just me and him he's amazing x

We,, sunday was fab but got up late and ate too little. Yesterday was good but got up hideously early for work, cycled, tired myself out, cycled home and ended up with my face in the crunchy nut! My goodness placement seriously messes with my dieting! I think I went a bit crazy too tho, so back on it today, try try try again!

The past few days have been awful, and as im now on nights my eating habits are even more all over the place! I finally weighed myself though, I am up 13 pounds from around 6 weeks ago and while that is a huge step in the WRONG direction, it's actually also a bit of a relief to know where I am, and also I honestly thought id put on a lot more. Now I just have to get my mental strength back in gear and get on the calorie counting! My birthday is in 5 weeks and I would really like to be back at 9stone8 for then which i think is quite possible, and then I can continue to my ultimate goal of 8stone8. It's strange how im not freaking out about it though, I think It's just nice to know where I am and get on and know I can change it!
Im laying off the gym for a while too, after several attempts I just dont have the energy at the moment to run and that is so disheartening. I think I may pick up turbofire again on my days off but I also have a huge essay to do so It will be a lot of juggling! So thats my update really, calorie counting to get this weight off again and keep going! x

So last night I didnt eat anything before my shift, was fine with it but ate a whole load of sugary things when I finished! So iv just forced down 40g of porridge-really didnt want it but thought it's probably a good idea! Planned my food out for my shift-fruit and things and got soup for when I come in but still only comes to about 800..hmm! I could easily eat nothing but think I'll be good and get all my calories so I dont binge and can take a step in the right direction to get this weight off!

Back