finding recipes

Lizmee

hi i am fairly new to this site but am loving it < couple of ? as i'm preety dumb ! , if i want to search on this site for a particular recipe how should i do it , is there a quick way - i've been typing in the search bar at the top rt corner & it then takes me to external list of sites ?? am i just being really dumb ! i was looking for a spicy bean burger recipe as i love the asda spicy nacho burgers but i think they are quite hefty on the syns !

Lizmee said:
hi i am fairly new to this site but am loving it < couple of ? as i'm preety dumb ! , if i want to search on this site for a particular recipe how should i do it , is there a quick way - i've been typing in the search bar at the top rt corner & it then takes me to external list of sites ?? am i just being really dumb ! i was looking for a spicy bean burger recipe as i love the asda spicy nacho burgers but i think they are quite hefty on the syns !

It sometimes depends on what sort of machine you are on. I tend to use iPhone/iPad but find the searches useless as they will often bring up 248 irrelevant threads and not even the relevant point in the thread. So I have found that the best way for me is to do a search in google as it will usually bring up this site anyway and will narrow it down significantly. Hope that helps. Others are probably way more efficient than me and will know better ways.

If you go to the recipe sub-forum you will see there is a 'sticky' section above the main list of posts. To the top right of that there is a search forum button with the option of doing an advanced search where you can filter the responses by date, prefix, who has posted them etc.

The search tool at the top of the page is a web search, so that is why you get results from lots of different sites. There is an option to limit it to a site search but there you would still get results from all the different diets on this site, not just SW.

The tool I suggested will only search the particular forum you are in plus any sub-forums that belong to it.

HTH

If you go to the recipe sub-forum you will see there is a 'sticky' section above the main list of posts. To the top right of that there is a search forum button with the option of doing an advanced search where you can filter the responses by date, prefix, who has posted them etc.

The search tool at the top of the page is a web search, so that is why you get results from lots of different sites. There is an option to limit it to a site search but there you would still get results from all the different diets on this site, not just SW.

The tool I suggested will only search the particular forum you are in plus any sub-forums that belong to it.

HTH
hi , i know im being realllllyyy thick but where is the recipe sub-forum ? sorry !

After reading this page if you go back to the main thread list and look at the top of the page there are links to all the SW sub-forums including recipes, syn values, food diaries etc

Or alternately look at the bottom of the page and there is a quick navigation drop down menu. Click on that and you will get a list of all the forums on this site and you can just choose the one you want

This may also help with general forum usage
http://www.minimins.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_vb3_board_usage

Back