Fingers crossed I am doing this right! - New!

Vintage

Hello everyone.

I come from a VLCD background and at my heaviest I was 15stone. I just can't bring myself to go back to a VLCD so after researching SW I have decided to sign up online and go for it! I can't get to group meetings so online suits me. The only downside is not really knowing what I am doing :confused::D

So I decided to keep a food diary here and hope if you see me going wrong that you would kindly push me in the right direction instead! I also thought it would be a great tool for when maybe in the future I struggle and so will be able to look back. The food diary on the SW is good but I like the idea of being to make a note of actual meals etc.

So today I am hopeful that I am doing a EE day.

Breakfast:
Kelloggs cereal bar (HE) and an apple.

Lunch:
Bernard Matthews Roast Turkey Chunks with lots of lettuce and cherry tomatoes and spring onions. I made a dressing using quark with some Chinese 4 spice mixed in.
2 Mini babybel lights (HE)
1 Mint Mullerlight and a nectarine.

Dinner will be:
Bacon medallions (no fat on) grilled. Mushy peas. Fried egg using fry light. Mushrooms, cherry Toms.

Snacks:
fruit and mullerlights
1 Mini babybel light ( taken from HE portion as that allows 3)

Syns:
Curly Wurly.
1 slice of nimble malted bread.
1 spread of flora light.

Total syns: 9.5

I will edit if I add things as I go through the evening if need be. I really hope I am on the right path!

Last edited:
Hi Vintage,
Congratulations on giving SW a go. It will seem a bit weird changing from VLCD to this but its worth it, I promise!

Your food diary looks good. There is one REALLY important rule to remember on Extra Easy and that is...
1. make sure you're happy with what Superfree food is (most fruit & veg except avocado & the starchy veggies like peas, corn, potato, parsnip) but always check your lists to make sure.

2...then always use the 1/3rd of a plate rule. If you look at your plate of food (and that ideally includes any snacks) check that 1/3rd of it is Superfree food (the other two thirds are free foods and any Syns you've added, like sauces or whatever).

Applying that rule to your diary it all looks fine. I hope you've enjoyed your first day! In class you keep the diary going for the first 4 weeks, so it really cements everything in your head.

Best wishes,
Vic

Hello Vintage

I cant say if you are on the right path or not because I am only fairly new and still trying to find the right path - but I have to say your menu today looks soooo tasty!! And doesn't it show just how well you can eat whilst on a healthy eating plan!! good luck!! :)

Hello and good luck with it all!

Just wanted to highlight that mushy peas are not super free , they are just free , that one catches a few people out!

Thank you both for your input! It all really helps as to be honest it is all a little confusing. I am hoping that it will all click soon.

Tried for another EE day today.

Breakfast:
frylight fried egg. Bacon ( all fat taken off) Mushrooms and tomatoes. ( I think I should of added a 3rd superfree/free? Beans?)
2 slices of nimble malted bread ( HEX B)
A spread of flora ( 1.5 syn)

Lunch:
An orange, 1 babybel light ( HEX A, allows for 3 of these babybels) and a mullerlight as I was so busy.

Dinner:
Chilli con carne made from scratch using extra lean mince, shallots, 1 pepper, kidney beans and a tin of tomatoes.
A big helping of brocolli.
2 Babybel lights ( HEX A)

Snacks for X Factor lol:
Curly wurly ( 6 syns)
Nectarine or apple
Muller light.

Your chilli sounds good!

Your breakfast was fine as a third of your plate needs to be super free and tomatoes and mushrooms are so that makes your plate up. Baked beans are free on green and 150g is a B section on a red day so not super free :)

Back