***firming 'astonishing abs' friday***

Hello again

Finished work and about to hop in the shower. Seem to be mad about porridge (have had 3 already today, will have a soup when I get back from panto) at the momment, not certain that it was making me hungry at all but will try to restrict myself to one a day when I get my next packs, just incase. Will be getting weighed for the first time since 4th Jan restart this Monday. I have no idea what I weighed for sure on the 4th, but at least I will be able to update my details and will have a realistic idea of my progress.

Will be back!

What's up Becca? Just getting into the diet, or other stuff?

That's why I took the RC option, the exercise bit. I'm not fussed about the rest. If people on that lose a stone a month then I may go for the weigh in, talky bit and all that. If it's 1lb here and there I won't bother, because I won't fit that trend so I'm not sure there's any point, or that I'd be much help to anyone else.

BB I'm a big porridge fan, especially in this weather! Do you have a rough idea or just not a clue? Like you said, at least you'll know where you are now. Have fun at the panto!

evening all...

Becca hope you feel better soon, those flu jabs are not nice!
RC classes sound interesting! I did it years ago with my mum and sister, it was a good laugh.. not sure what its like these days though..

Uni was a nightmare, and have a ton of work to do, so better get off here! lol!
just thought i'd pop in and say hi!

I don't know what to do tonight. Been invited to a house party next door, but I won't know anyone and I've not sure my inhibitions of talking to new people will disappear so much if I'm the only sober person sipping on water! Might just stay in and make the most of an empty house and have a nice, quiet relaxing bath!

Hi CG -- You could go over for a bit, then break out the Lush! When I was doing LL then was a woman in my Foundation group who was going to Rsoemary Conley for the exercsie classes. But, she did not tell them she was doing LL -- and she kept winning "Slimmer of the Week!" I hate to admit this... but as dishonest as it was, I really thought this was funny. And, she (the cheater?) was a really sweet person -- I think she just did not want to tell them that she didn't think the RC diet would work for her.

MM

evening girls

well book of eli was really good. its set in post apocolyptic times and this guy has the last copy of the bible and is walking accross america to get it to a safe place with this guy whos ruling a town trying to get his hands on it so he can gain control of more people, sounds iffy but is a good film
my sister has taken my wee girl for the night so im going to see avatar at 9pm! yay

mel, the ab king thing looks like a recliner chair that assists in doing sit ups, i watch him doing it most days, lol

Claire,

Enjoy the movie -- you deserve a night out after the week you've had. Heck, after the winter you've had.

If he is "hot" then watching him workout could be very good inspriation and entertainment.

MM

Claire, hope you enjoy Avatar, I love it!

MM, I know what you mean. I don't know quite how I'm going to tell them that I'm not doing RC but CD instead!

CG -- Don't tell them -- and keep winning "Slimmer of the Week!" LOL
MM

I'd feel bad that all those people were trying so hard at that diet when they can't get the same kind of losses! Though it would be tempting for the boost! I think people would hate me lol I think you just get certificates, I'd feel way to self conscious to keep going up for them in front of people!

Hi CG --

I've never been to an RC class. I've seen them listed in the local paper. I think I will give one a try this week. Maybe I'll be "Slimmer of the Week" LOL. I couldn't do it -- I'd feel so guilty.

MM

You should come all the way to Birmingham and come with me! :)

CG --

Well, I think I should come "all the Birmingham" (not that far in American terms) one day soon and take you out to Starbucks for a coffee. I might bring my DD to the Sealife Centre on hernext teacher work day. She loves to shop -- we could go to Merry Hill.

MM

Well that sounds good :) Where is it you actually live? How old are your kids? I get confused, so are some here and some in the States? Your son at school in the States? Ooh talking of which, MrsE will be there now I believe! Hope she got there alright. The Sealife Centre is amazing! Merry Hill is pretty good for shopping actually, much better than Birmingham City Centre I think.

Hi CG -- I am American, but have lived in Europe for 15 years. I live in Huntingdonshire in the Village of Great Stukeley. My neighbour drives to Birmingham about once a week to meet with her Uni group. She is working on her doctorate at the University there. It takes about an hour and half to drive there.

My daughter is 10 and goes to a British C of E school. My son is 18 and just moved to Florida to go to Uni there. He graduated from High School last June. He went to the American High School here in the UK on the Air Force Base.

I haven't been to Merry Hill in years -- but when I lived in the UK before (near Oxford) the Air Force base sued to run shopping trips to it. They now do Bluewater or Bicester Village trips.

MM

That's towards Cambridge isn't it? Is it Lakenheath base that your son was at? It must be strange having him so far away. Do you get to see him often?

Claire,

If he is "hot" then watching him workout could be very good inspriation and entertainment.

MM

SP_A0298.jpg

heres a recent topless pic of him, i find him nice to look at, lol

Very Nice, Claire. They look very sweet together.

CG,

No, Lakenheath is about an hour's drive further east. There is a very small American High School on RAF Alconbury. My son graduated from that school last June. It is sad to have him all the way in Florida, but he is living with my father and sister, Holly. My sister Ellen's daughter, Auburey, with her two children (who are 15 and 10) lived right next door to my father. The 15 year old girl came back with Bryce at Christmas -- to visit England. She'd never been outside the U.S.. And, the boy is only 6 weeks younger than my daughter, so he has a "substitute" sibling in Logan -- and Bryce loves playing basketball and Wii, etc. with him. And, Logan worships his big cousin. So, at least I know that he isn't alone -- and next fall he will probably transfer to a larger uni and live in the dorms, etc. but by then he'll be used to being in the States, and little more ready to be completely on his own. He just learned how to drive in the fall. (Passed his test the first time!)

He'll be back on May 13th -- his 19th birthday is the 15th. He'll be here long enough to see his younger friends graduate, take a trip somewhere in Europe with his friends that go to schools all over teh U.S. -- and if he wants he may stay longer and have a summer job here.

MM

Last edited:
Ahh I see, I know of Lakenheath and another one around there, so thought I'd see if I guessed right! I think the other is Mildenhall or something. It's good that he's with family, at least you know he's safe and don't have to worry. Do you get to talk to him often? So did he grow up here? Man I ask a lot of questions, sorry!

Back