First attempt at eating out..

mijdge

I started SW on Tuesday, not realising that I had a meal out tonight with my Mum, and her 50th party on Saturday!

I'm feeling really rubbish, because yesterday I had quesadillas and chips when we went out, along with a bottle of beer and my original estimate of 50 syns was totally not enough (I think it ended up about 75, as Mum made me tonnes of cups of tea and I'd forgotten to HeX my milk because I usually don't drink any!)

Just looking for reassurance really, particularly about tomorrow as they'll be a buffet and obviously booze.. :(

Maybe dont count this first week?!
With regards to the cups of tea, try black coffee instead and if you take sugar, change to a sweetener. Change your alcohol intake to spirit with diet/slimline mixer.
Cant alter what you already ate, but at the buffet - try and find SW friendly stuff - salady/fruity things....Hopefully you might find some plain chicken on a skewer? Or just east before you go and just pick on some salad things so you dont have to worry about feeling hungry while you're there?
Good luck x

Maybe dont count this first week?!
With regards to the cups of tea, try black coffee instead and if you take sugar, change to a sweetener. Change your alcohol intake to spirit with diet/slimline mixer.
Cant alter what you already ate, but at the buffet - try and find SW friendly stuff - salady/fruity things....Hopefully you might find some plain chicken on a skewer? Or just east before you go and just pick on some salad things so you dont have to worry about feeling hungry while you're there?
Good luck x

Yeah, that was an option but I just want to see how much I do lose over a bad week, so I can make a good go of it next week! I usually have black tea, but everytime Mum made me tea she forgot! I don't have sugar though, so that's not such an issue. R.E the buffet - I'm veggie, so I think I'll just fill up on veggies (that I know Mum is making..) and avoid the cake! I have changed my alcohol intake, but I was at an American Real Ale diner yesterday, they're not so hot on spirits and it's definitely all about the beer. Although I was very proud I only had one beer and then switched to lime and soda. Saturday will be easier r.e alcohol though, I'm planning on gin, lime and soda :) Thanks for the advice x

then switched to lime and soda.

Was it lime cordial? If so, it's unlikely that it was sugar free stuff, so that may have Syns too! If it was just soda with a slice of lime, that would be fine though. And well done for stopping at 1 beer, I'm sure there's plenty (myself included) who wouldn't have.

Was it lime cordial? If so, it's unlikely that it was sugar free stuff, so that may have Syns too! If it was just soda with a slice of lime, that would be fine though. And well done for stopping at 1 beer, I'm sure there's plenty (myself included) who wouldn't have.

I did syn the cordial, and I'm back on track for at least today so I can do it :) thanks, I'm not a huge drinker but I can see myself getting carried away tomorrow so we'll see how Mum's buffet goes. I'll get there in the end! x

Back