First batch of oopsies in the oven!

nikkikb

They smell and look really good! Hope they taste good too :)

Also going to try a cheeseburger pie later. Atkins is certainly good for my cooking skills, I have always been a bung in the oven type of cook.

What can I use the rolls for? I dont have a sweet tooth so savoury ideas only please :)

Following your post I put my jeans on over my pj bottoms (really) and ran out to get some stuff .. I am such an idiot though because ive used mascapone which apparently you can't have on induction .. I am totally gutted, if Matt doesn't like them it's bin time ! xx

Don't bin them, I'll have them! Not sure why mascapone is a no no on induction?

I think it is not allowed on the old version of Atkins but then neither was cream cheese.

Just count the carbs and enjoy!

Cheeseburger pie was lush!

No, I don't understand either - but ive been looking on forums and I came across a very confusing answer where it said :

Mascapone is a no no on it's own ...
In a recipe it's okay ..

So now I just do not know. I just nibbled the corner off one and it was bloody lovely! No worries if I do have to bin them though, the bin .. aka my fiance wolfed 2 down as soon as they came out of the oven!!!

Oooh, envious. I had a bit of a disaster trying to make Oopsies yesterday - in fact oopsie was about the right word. I couldn't get my egg whites to stiffen for love nor money. Ended up making a kind of cheesy pancake, LOL - smothered it in lemon juice and splenda then ate the lot. Oops(ie) :D

I think I know why now, though. I googled it last night. Why did no one tell me that if you get even a tiny bit of egg yolk in the egg whites they won't whip up and stiffen? Grrrrr. Lesson learned.

reluctant_whale, I wouldn't worry too much about the mascarpone not being allowed on induction. I've not done the whole Atkins induction thing this time around and it doesn't seem to be doing me too much harm - I'm just aiming to keep my carbs between 20-25g and keeping a weather eye on calories (for the pure wonder of science reasons - I ate 2,800 calories the other day and still lost a pound overnight :)).

Nikkikb - I lurve cheeseburger pie. :p Might have to make me some of that again. How did your Oopsie rolls turn out? Seems like you can use them for everything, from hamburger 'buns' to pizza bases!

I would count the carbs and try them in moderation. Actually all yummy stuff in moderation if you want to see that weight reduce;)

Oopsie rolls came out really well! Definitely such a treat after 2 weeks on this diet. I will be trying a bacon sarnie in the morning with my low carb ketchup :)

Mine came out great too - looked like bread when I cut one open (also having a bacon sarnie for breakfast .. heaven!) I think they taste lovely, not eggy at all.

Tip ... I used 4 egg yolks and 3 egg whites - I do not like egg white so I needed to counteract the egg taste - I think it has made them firmer too. Just added the extra smigin of carbs :)

What do you consider yummy stuff?!

Well I can't speak for Kat1e but I would say tricks and cheats. For some people the diet tends to work best if you do it "clean"- meat, eggs and veg meals with some limited dairy to start, then slowly adding in nuts, berries, starches etc to your tolerance level Anything fake- sweetener, bread substitutes, supposedly low-carb pasta that actually isn't- all that stuff can slow things up. In the case of Oopsies, I'd guess the cream cheese could be a staller for some.

I use Oopsies quite rarely, but if I'm honest that's more to do with the faff involved in making them! Even with an electric whisk I find the whole egg white business mindnumbingly long and boring. No patience!

Well, I made a second, slightly more successful batch of Oopsies, but I didn't love them. They're all right for a change I suppose and I can see how the mixture would make a pretty decent pizza base. But I probably won't make them too often - that's probably a good thing. It could've been fatal to my weight loss plans! :)

Cleochatra's Oopsie Rolls Recipe

I used this recipe.

I made them again this week and omitted the splenda and they taste the same so it is unnecessary in my opinion.

I think I am going to try doing it as a big, thin rectangle to cut into slices instead of rolls as I think it might be less moist on the inside which is the only bit I don't love about them.

I've had my first attempt tonight...hmm....look like scotch pancakes...and taste like omelette...obviously I did something wrong lol

Back