First big blow out. oh no

Sunshine Singer

Dropped White Sugar & Feeling Fantastic
Oh I'm such an idiot!!!! Been feeling sorry for myself all day as had to go to hospital first thing as my sore throat developed into my face and mouth swelling up. It's so painful, have drugs for it but they haven't kicked in yet.

Spent most of today feeling crap having cancelled a well needed gig rehearsal and some how justified to myself that i could eat a few things. A few things turned into sweets, biscuits, nuts and oh's left over pizza!!!!!!!! What an earth was I thinking?

Worst of all I ate everything really quickly and didn't actually like any of it!! I seriously need to address this as I haven't done this in a long time.

I now have a sickie tummy, oh on the phone telling me how stupid i've been and I have to deal with my head!

I will start fresh tomorrow. I won't be weighing myself this week and I will stay 100% on 810. I will also confess all to my cdc. Better up my water. Had 4 litres today.

Not such an angel now am i!

I'm off to see Dame Slap in The Magic Faraway Tree now and get spanked :(

Last edited:
Hi Sunshine!

Firstly I need to say how lovely you look! It is really nice to see you - ikkle Miss Sunshine Pretty!!! That is my new name for you!!

Ok - sounds like you have had a really crap day - you are not feeling good, you have even been to hospital becasue you are so ill! You have done weeks and weeks staying 100% - you have done what you did today, as your body is hurting and you turned to comfort!

Tomorrow is a new day - today has nearly gone, and so has your blip! Put today down to experience and move on babe.........

You have always stayed positive for me, and many many others!! Therefore I am rooting for you tomorrow, and you will be fine. Don't dwell on today too much, and don't beat yourself up about it!!! What is done is done, and tomorrow is a fresh day.

Sending you lots of love and hugs
Bethan x

Dont stress about it, its in the past and you'll learn from it. stay positive, you're doing great!!

Awwwwww LadyB, thankyou so much for your post. I don't feel so lovely with my swollen up face lol hehehehe. I can't believe I let this sick thing be an excuse for eating!! I've come thorugh so much worse in the last few weeks . You're right tho I will put it behind me and learn.

You're such a babe, thanks for your encouragement xxx

Miss Sunshine Pretty,

Being ill is just the straw that broke the camels back!!

I will be thinking about you tomorrow - let me know how you get on!!

I am off to bed now - sleep tight babe!!

Bethan

Thanks Angela,

I should be being screamed at and told what an indiot I am and instead you lovely peeps are being lovely :) ...which i think i need. Damn bug infection thing!!!!

Hugs x

LadyB I'll let you know tomorrow and I will be telling you that I'm back on track but this time all the way to goal. There's no stopping me now.

Goodnight xxx

Sunshine... try not to get to stressed about it. When we are ill (and it sounds like you are pretty poorly) we do things that comfort us and obviously food does that for all of us! It's in the past now, it's monday morning and a start of a new week and Positive Frame of mind starts again today!

Hope that you are feeling much better soon x

Sunshine, sorry to hear you are feeling not too well, hope you soon feel better!
As others have already said, put the blip behind you and focus on 810 100% from now on. Berating yourself is not going to help, tomorrow is another day so just plough on with things and get back on track. Drink plenty of water to flush away any nasty carbs/toxins.
I have had a blip, a few weeks ago, and like you I found I didn't enjoy any of the food I consumed, I just felt really bloated and uncomfortable. I didn't feel guilty though, I felt worse about having to confess all to my cdc! I actually found I lost more weight that week too, which was great!
We are only human and from time to time life conspires against us to make things difficult, if you have had issues with food in the past, then it doesn't mean cd will fix them overnight. It us only normal to have a few slip ups. Get straight back on the plan and not much damage will have been done. Any extra weight on the scales will be water, not fat.
Good luck!

Thanks so much Elay.
I've decided to write my food into my everyday diary so that I don't just gobble it without thinking about it. This way I can spread it out more and not be left without any at night. Hopefully this will help.

New day you're right. Have a good one yourself. I'm so up and down on CD, I can't keep up with myself :) x

Thanks Chickenpie, I'm not even lookng at the scales this week. Just gonna look forward and stay 100%. All that stoge was gross tho. Yuck.

Have a great day hun xxx

Hey Sunshine - I'm with you on the 'oh god why did I do that' bench. And like you I'm back on 100%, look forward not back, positive frame of mind etc for this week!

I can't change what happened and neither can you - all we can do is learn from it and move forward! (I won't do it again in a hurry, felt rotten).

Sorry you've been so poorly. Don't beat yourself up further!

Hey lovely, that was yesterday, today is a new day, so now leave it in yesterday! I think I've said this a lot before, but I'll keep saying it to anyone and everyone! You're not beaten when you fall down, the moment you're beaten is when you choose to stay down. But you haven't, you've picked yourself back up, you've decided to get back on to ol' CD wagon, and for that I applaud you. You've done what a lot of people haven't. A lot of people have a blip and go ahh f*** it, I've messed up, what's the point, I can't do it, I've just proved that, no point trying *eats more*. That's the point they lost the war, not at the first battle. So maybe you lost that battle, but in the grand scheme of the war, it's not a big deal. And maybe you'll learn things from that battle that actually help you plan your tactical maneuvers later in the war, and victory shall be yours... in a lovely slim dress!! ;) So, don't worry about it, don't beat yourself up, just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and carry on like you were before. You're doing great! xx

Oh my God, you're such an idiot!!!! Why did you do that???? Does that feel better??? LOL of course not, because you're NOT an idiot, you're just human, like the rest of us! Oh hunnie, I've 'been there and done that' so many times so I know just how you feel, but you've got the right idea, you're putting it behind you and focussing on the next week. So many people would have given up but you're so much stronger than that. I admire you so much, you've been (and still are!) an inspiration to many on these forums, and I for one look forward to hearing about your progress in the future. Going back to your 'blip', I am posting a poem for you, feel free to print it out for your own inspiration! Hope you feel better really soon mwah xxxxxxxx

YESTERDAY, TODAY, TOMORROW
There are two days in every week about which we should not worry.
Two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension.

One of these days is yesterday with its mistakes and cares,
Its faults and blunders, Its aches and pains.
Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control.
All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday.
We cannot undo a single act we performed.
We cannot erase a single word we said. Yesterday is gone.

The other day we should not worry about is tomorrow.
With its possible adversities, Its burdens,
Its large promise and poor performance.
Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control.
Tomorrow's Sun will rise, either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds,
but it will rise.
Until it does, we have no stake in tomorrow, for it is yet unborn.
This just leaves only one day . . . Today.
Any person can fight the battles of just one day.
It is only when you and I add the burdens of those two awful eternity's -
yesterday and tomorrow that we break down.
It is not the experience of today that drives people mad.
It is the remorse or bitterness for something which happened yesterday and the dread of what tomorrow may bring.

Let us therefore live but one day at a time.

Suzie, what a great piece of writting I think that I might print that too if you dont mind. I had a bad day yesterday and with today being day 1 of CD I think this will help to keep my bad thoughts at bay.

Bren
XX

Hey SS

Hope you are feeling better today!! God how hard are we on ourselves on this diet when we have a blip...................bet that blip was nothing compared to when you were eating conventional food?? I ate a fresh apricot on saturday..... yep just one teeny weeny apricot and wolfed it down and then stood there thinking why oh why did you do that.......to be honest that apricot had been asking me to eat it all week and I gave in and did and do you know what...............before cd I would have eaten the punnet so SO WHAT..............we are only human.............we get ill............we have bad days sometimes bad weeks................blips have become part of my life now but are nothing compared to life before cd so even they are embraced now...lol.............have a great week SS ......................x

Bren, feel free love xxxx

You can do this is the mantra I keep saying to myself learn from my mistakes I let one stupid tiny little blowout lead into 8 months of self sabotage and nearly all the weight going back on.

But I am sure you are stronger than this and you realise its only 1 mistake sending big hugs your way :grouphugg: as it is hard when your poorly so hope you are feeling better today and also feeling much more positive

I always find flowers chher me up so sending some your way :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Bethan

Hiya Sunshine - Just wanted to say that i know how your feeling at mo with regards to the blip thing but your doing the right thing and getting right back into it hun. Good luck for the next few days xx

Back