first class tomorrow

lettey

Hi all,

I am starting Slimming World tomorrow morning, I have found a class that I will go to on Mondays - I am going alone and very nervous. I've read on here that everyone has 2 mins of 'fame' in the group session... this worries me! I do not want any attention drawn to me lol... will I have to speak to the group? I have big problems with this and it's made me think twice about attending however I don't want it to stop me. What are the group sessions like?

Lettey

Hi Lettey
I joined my first class a few weeks ago (also on a Monday night...don't live in Berks by any chance do you?). I felt a bit like you when I joined. My first meeting that I stayed for was after my first WI and I had a gain of 0.5lb so I was REALLY dreading it. I can honestly say though, they all made me feel so welcome and were all so lovely I needn't have worried. I get really nervous in group situations but can honestly say the meeting was fine. Hope that helps
HP x

Hi HP :)

Nope I do not live in Berks :D I wanted to start the SW plan from the time I woke up tomorrow, but I havn't been yet so do not really have much of an idea of what I can eat, although i've got loads of info from here, so I just nipped to the shop to get a Muller Light for my breakfast, otherwise I know i'll wake up and think... well I have nothing in so I will start another day, and not bother going lol. I am both looking forward to it, and dreading it at the same time!

Do you get weighed on your first day there?

I was embarassed at first, don't worry, its fine :) everyone just wants to help you out. You soon get the idea of what to eat. I had a look around this site before I joined, the what's for breakfast/lunch/tea threads help!

I went to my first one last Thursday and hope yours is as good as mine was - the Consultant was brilliant and very welcoming and I didn't have to stand up and speak to anyone.
She went through the plan with the 3 new people whilst the rest were getting weighed then we joined in with the rest of the class - listened to the Body Majic and the tips the other members gave.
Looked at the SW books and bought some Hifi bars, no pressure at any time.
Enjoy it - did you get the free membership coupon from last weeks Womans Own - it is a freebie which is valid until Tuesday this week.

Don't worry about this. You won't be asked to speak at the first meeting. You will see how it works, and how the consultant runs things at your first meeting - she will probably go round all the people who stay after weighing in and ask them how they have done and if they want to say anything.But do remember that your consultant is there for YOU. And if you don't want to say anything, or have attention drawn to you, then tell her that right from the beginning. She will have dealt with nervous members before - actually, everyone is nervous at first, even if they don't look as if they are! - and will be helpful. But she isn't a mind reader, so let her know how you feel.

good luck for today! :)
i had wanted to join SW sooo many times but never got teh courage to actually go :( then one day i thought enough is enough! i need to get this weight off! so i went and OMG i was sooo nervous i cried! :'( but i sat in the new members area and our C came over n was so friendly and welcoming and funny! :) made me feel a lot better! then i sat to group and listened as she went round everyone and asking is tehy needed help etc and seeming genuinly happy with each loss and celebrating right along with them!
then my 2nd week and 1st weigh in and again i was nervous...what if i had put on weight!? would every1 laugh at me!? would i be the 1st person in the history to have put on 1st week!? but i went and again every1 so friendly i weighed in and i had lost 7.5lb!!! :O shocked was an under statement!! when it came to my turn i got my half stone award in the 1st week and was so proud! :) and our C really did make me feel like it was a big achievement as she does when i also lose 1lb! :) she spoke to me and i could feel my face going a lil pink but i said i was fine etc and she moved onto the next person! :)
i would deffo go! id be lost without my group and i hate group situations! really hate meeting new people! but i love going to SW now even at the very least i get out of the house for an hour or so on my own n have a coffee n a chat! with people that are going through and thinking and feeling the same things as me! :) xXx

Back