First day and looking for inspiration

You're doing great and your weight loss is brilliant!

I'll leave the laxative question to Su cos she's the expert!

How you're making up the shakes is fine, whatever makes them the most palatable to you:D we all have entirely different taste buds.

If you've stuck to the diet 100% you should be in ketosis within about 5 days but some people take less, some longer. Aside from using ketostix which are available from your pharmacy or online, you can usually tell because you no longer feel hungry, you may have a strange metallic taste in your mouth and the most disgusting dog breath:eek: Generally though you just start to feel a whole lot better! I found the first three weeks the hardest and after that I didn't find the diet too bad, you just have to knuckle down and tell yourself that the rewards, a new slim figure and all it brings, are worth the short-term pain.

I hope that you find the strength to carry on cos nothing else works quite as well as LT. Good luck x

I'm sorry I can't advise you as I haven't experienced this. Why not post another thread asking for advice as this is a bit buried now for the more experienced people to find and respond to? Can you find another pharmacist in your area? Try to keep going hopefully you will feel better soon. If you keep on feeling ill though maybe you should consider WW or SW. As you only have 2st to lose you could probably manage this in 4 months if you could trust yourself to follow the plan and not cheat. Chin up. x

Well done for coming back :) im on the 4th day and 100%, not finding it to bad so far, fingers crossed it stays that way!! good luck x

Feeling much better today still craving food but hope I'm over the worst. Not so spaced out but still tired. Had to do the hoovering in two lots with a break in between but got there in the end. Hoping for an even better day tomorrow, think my energy is slowly but surely coming back. Thanks again for all the help, couldn't do it without you all, your fab! Cate, might think about ww or sw if i really can't carry on with this but don't think i can trust myself to stick to it so will stick with this as long as humanly possible. Well done on your 2nd week 7lb is fantastic your doing so well.

Glad you are feeling better Choc x x

I have taken senakot for constipation hun, and i think you get to a stage where you will take anything as long as it works!! Once you have "been" it really makes sense to have something on a regular basis to make sure constipation is kept at bay!!

I too found LTs Fibreclear absolutely useless!! A lot of us use psyllium husk regularly and i find it really works.. I take 1 teaspoon every other day and :fingerscrossed: have had no problems.. I get it from The Spiceworks, Spice merchants of the worlds finest spices & herbs.. I found it was cheaper to buy it from them viay Ebay rather than their own website (Ebay item number 270688342813).. I hope that helps hun x x

Back