First Day on Orlistat

2twistd

Hi, well today I start my Orlistat. I have a lot of weight to lose so am hoping this helps push it along faster. I am disabled and on several meds that add weight and make losing weight very difficult. Am also in a wheelchair so limited to the type of exercise I can do. But I am giving it a go and doing what I can to exercise. I do chair dancing :p as I call it. Gets the cardio up and works as many muscles as I can.

Must admit I am little scared of the side effects, and didn't get much of what to do from my GP. This site has been immensely helpful! Thanks to everyone that has posted the rules of thumb so to speak. Now to just start buying and eating low fat food. Onwards and downwards I hope!

Welcome and good luck! This is a great place to come for motivation and support. I too am unable to exercise due to helth and mobility issues, though I'm not in a whhelchair, and I've done ok using just dietary control. All the best. :) xx

Welcome and good luck! This is a great place to come for motivation and support. I too am unable to exercise due to helth and mobility issues, though I'm not in a whhelchair, and I've done ok using just dietary control. All the best. :) xx

I think you have done better than ok with losing 40% of your original body weight!!

Northern_Star said:
I think you have done better than ok with losing 40% of your original body weight!!

Lol, thanks, you've done extremely well yourself!! I've been at it a couple of years though, so it's been a fairly leisurely approach compared to some. But hopefully that's no bad thing in terms of making it stick, we'll see! :) xx

Back