first ever diet

clair73

Hello, I joined slimming world 2 weeks ago. The day after I turned 40. Im 17.5 and have never tried any sort of dieting before. I am really possitive.

Good luck :) I started out at 22.8 in the summer and almost 4 stone later I am sticking to it , just starting to see a change :)

Thank you. You've done amazing, I really hope I'll be saying that this time next year. I just need to find some confidence to get out there and excersize.

Thank you. You've done amazing, I really hope I'll be saying that this time next year. I just need to find some confidence to get out there and excersize.
Took me about 6 weeks to pluck up the courage to join the gym, also hadn't been swimming in years because I was to embarrassed but tbh no one has ever looked at me any differently or said anything thankfully. Go to the gym when it is quiet , mine is during the week at lunch time which works best for me anyway as I work back shifts.

I have started to walk which I enjoy but will need to start something soon to tone up, maybe a new years resolution on the cards.

I have started to walk which I enjoy but will need to start something soon to tone up, maybe a new years resolution on the cards.
Walking is a great start, why not try aqua aerobics , fab way to tone up and also very gentle on your joints if your not use to it :) x

Hello Clair and welcome here. Wish you the best with your weight loss journey. Just a couple of questions. Have you ever had an exercise program or this is your first time? If you had one, how many years have passed since then?

I've never really done much activity. Walking has really been my limit. Because I used to smoke even that was an issue. I am defo going to start looking for something to start in the new year.

If you want to start, easy exercises for starters is the key. You can not just go from your home couch to regular exercise program in a matter of days. Starting an exercise program should be done slowly, and even with a doctor’s supervision if you have medical issues. There are many exercises that are perfect for beginners, and these will allow you to build up muscle and strength, while improving your endurance and overall health. Before starting any exercise program it is always a good idea to check with your doctor to ensure that there are no medical conditions that need to be considered. Always warm up and stretch out before beginning a workout, so that your muscles and body are loose and limber. This step will help prevent any injuries like strains and tears.
This is great you have started to walk which you enjoy, as walking is one of the most important exercises. Later on you'll feel the need to add more exercises. Please do it gradually. Take your time. Make your workouts interesting and enjoyable. CU around and good luck!

Back