First gain :(

WelshCake

Silver Member
:mad: Had 2 big back teeth out last week Mon morning so ate nothing all day Monday, then on Tuesday I had a small bowl of porridge, for breakie then the flesh out of a med jacket spud with a bit of skimmed milk to mash it down, Weds I ate porridge for breakie with berries then had soup for lunch and dinner, thurs was back to normal - I had 64 syns all week - Weighed today and I have put on almost 2lbs?? :cry:
Can't even blame it on medication as I'm allergic to all pain killers apart from paracetamol and didn't bother with those.

Wouldn't have minded if I stuffed my face all week

IMO I think it was you probably hadnt eaten enough it sounds strange but I once went to WW many years ago and to try to lose weight I had yogurts and fruit and never lost a thing the lady said I hadnt eaten enough I do think its true.

Im sure you will have a loss when you are back to being able to eat ok:D

Oh welsh cakes, big big hugs to you.

Don't worry about the gain. You know once you are back on the plan you will lose this and more! Chin up. You have done amazingly well. See this as a motivator to be 100% on plan and see a big loss next week. Lots of love x

peggypig said:
IMO I think it was you probably hadnt eaten enough it sounds strange but I once went to WW many years ago and to try to lose weight I had yogurts and fruit and never lost a thing the lady said I hadnt eaten enough I do think its true.

Im sure you will have a loss when you are back to being able to eat ok:D

I think there is some sense in this. I think if you eat next to nothing and then eat normally/more, youre body clings onto it hence why you dont lose. Well this is my logic anyway!!

Thinking about it, I hardly drank for 2-3 days as I was told to only have room temp/tepid drinks as I have thin blood that doesn't clot very easily once the dentist had stopped the bleeding he didn't want it started again - I usually drink iced water, I did try the room temp water but it was yucky so was the almost cold tea - what a pickle I am

The first gain does sting a little bit, but the feeling soon passes- promise :D.

As others have mentioned, its probably due to the lack of food. Draw that _____ and soldier on. That gain will some become a distant memory

If Ive STS or had a gain it makes me determined to do better next week and not let it get the better of me.

When Ive read people who have had good losses they seem to have eaten loads, so I think your gain is because youve not been able to keep to your normal eating and drinking.

Big loss next week I think!!!

Well after wee'ing like crazy -every 20 mins and 4 times during the night on tues & weds - I weighed in today 4lbs lighter :D

Hurrah !!!! Really pleased for you.

It is true that after you have had a period of time of eating very little that as soon as you do eat your body says " Hey, let's hang on to that "

In my opinion it is why SW works so well. We eat satisfying amounts of food, are rarely hungry and still lose weight.

well done welshcakes I'm really pleased for you, I had a big gain this week too so will use your story as positive motivation that next week will be better xx

WelshCake said:
Well after wee'ing like crazy -every 20 mins and 4 times during the night on tues & weds - I weighed in today 4lbs lighter :D

That's fantastic! Well done darling x

How much were you drinking?

That's fantastic! Well done darling x

How much were you drinking?

I wasnt drinking more than usual I just think my body held onto the fluid when I had my back teeth out - I have blood that doesnt clot very well so bleed a lot even from a minor cut - as I couldnt drink anything hot or cold for 2 days tepid water wasnt as appealing so I feel I drank less, I know I didnt go off plan or have anywhere near my syns so the gain was upsetting as it was so unexpected, but I am all smiles now :D

WelshCake said:
I wasnt drinking more than usual I just think my body held onto the fluid when I had my back teeth out - I have blood that doesnt clot very well so bleed a lot even from a minor cut - as I couldnt drink anything hot or cold for 2 days tepid water wasnt as appealing so I feel I drank less, I know I didnt go off plan or have anywhere near my syns so the gain was upsetting as it was so unexpected, but I am all smiles now :D

How much do you normally drink ? :)

I'm glad you are smiling.. We will overcome the flab hehe x

WelshCake said:
About 12 cups of tea a day and 2-3 glasses of water/squash/coke

12 cups of tea?? Wowwwwww! You're a tea junkie hehehe so you're having one one every half an hr or so?

I wouldn't worry about it WelshCake, I stayed the same weight for 2 weeks in a row while doing what had previously been dropping decent numbers, but still doing the same things the weights going off again now.

Also it's worth noting that just before I started dieting, I'd had a tooth taken out and had a chronic abcess and over the month they treated me, I put on a stone without realising it, darn dentists :p

Chin up =]

Back