First meals.....

Deb G

Silver Member
I am having my first meal on Friday (I am SOOO excited) and I'm having 2 x Quorn fillets grilled (94 cals) and I can't WAIT!!!!

What did you all have as first meals and how did you feel about eating them?

I had mackerel fillet on day 1 and salmon fillet on day 2.
I picked them as you can't have anything with it (unless yoy have it with a soup pack) and they are both quite moist on their own.
Day 1 - I was scared I would eat it and put all my weight back on instantly, but when I was eating it was lovely, and after it felt just right.
Day 3 - I wasn't expecting too much, just adding salad and stuff, I had spicy prawn salad and it was lovely, I could have just ate a whole bowl of celery on its own, I never thought it was that good before. I had more tonight with my spicy mince.
Going for cottage cheese tomorrow.
It is surprising how different everything seems to taste to how you remember.
Emotionally it is a little more difficult and a little more easy than foundation, I guess it is because it is a whole new ball game, the rules have changed.
It is good to eat and not think I shouldn't have had that, and it is just good to eat!

I am really enjoying my cups of tea, the lattes are out the window, and I lived on them throughout abstinence, funny isn't it?

So what I have now is
Breakfast - cup of tea and ginger muffin.
mid morning - tea
lunch - soup
mid afternoon - tea
dinner - varies
supper - cup of tea with bar.
Plus I am getting through my water better.

Looking forward to Sunday when I can have dips, yoghurt, a few extra veg, and jelly!

I had a small bit of chicken on my first day and then salmon on the second. Like you ali, I was worried about the whole eating thing and I will admit that I was pretty petrified for the first week. I am now in week 5 and loving being back in the world of food. Everything tastes so different from what I remember and it really is a new start with food and I am trying to make the most of it. My tastes have changed so much and the food I want to eat is healthy. I guess our bodies really do know what it good for them!!!

I am still worrying a bit about putting on weight this week.
I know it is not realistic after eating a bit of fish and salad, but the thoughts are still there.
I guess it is because I have been eating and feeling happy about it.

Yeah I was the same. I thought a couple of bits of fish and salad were going to sabotage all my hard work but I am currently 3lbs lighter now than I was at the start of RtM and I have to admit that I was a bit naughty so it should have been more!!! I am expecting a loss this week though. It is amazing how much you can actually eat and still see the weight come off.
You will find it easier as you go along. Enjoy it, it is the fresh start you deserve!!

That's why I'm trying to think of it as "my current weight" rather than "what I've lost/gained". Because I want to stay 126lbs (9st) or under for the rest of my life, I'm only going to record my actual weight now....and try to keep it 126 or under!!!

GORGEOUS!!!! Put them in a little bouillon powder and they were HEAVEN! Had to take my time eating them though - found them VERY filling!

Had the BEST salad ever tonight with cottage cheese (which is surprisingly nice comsidering it looks like baby sick and I've never tried it before)!. I spiced it all up with chives, parsley and basil...... bloomin' LOVELY!!!!

I know we're only having ONE meal at the moment (Week 1) but are you okay to eat as much salad as you want until you're full? I didn't have a lot, but I will weigh it tomorrow before I eat it and report back. Have you weighed yours (Minus the protein)?

I haven't weighed it, they say a cereal bowl full which I find is plenty.
That tends to fill me, I haven't finished a meal yet.
I have discovered I love celery, raw pepper and raw cauliflower (tastes much like baby corn to me) and I really enjoyed the cottage cheese too, but I am loving salmon & mackerel, I was never a fishy person before.
This plan is opening my tastes buds up to stuff I just didn't notice before, I really do think it is going to change the way I eat forever.

I'm using about a cereal bowl full of salad - so that sounds about right.

Back