First month loss?

wannabslim

Gold Member
Hi all,

Was wondering how much it is normal to lose in your first month of SS as it seems that most people lose much more than 3lbs a week. I lost 10lb last week and although wouldn't expect that every week I would be gutted if it suddenly dropped from 10lb to 2/3lb. I know thats a good loss but would just be interested to know whats normal in initial stages.

Any thoughts? xx

Hi,In my first month I lost 22lbs, but everyone is different. In my first week I lost 12 1/2lbs but I think that was probably just because I pigged out and eat for BL***Y England!!LOL

Nikki

Hi there

I lost 26lbs in my first 4 weeks .. did slow down a bit then, but still ended up being 3stone 1lbs in 8 weeks .. can't complain about that, can I??

Hi,

I don't think that there is a "normal" weight loss for the month as everyone loses at different rates. I personally lost 21lbs in my first 4 weeks - first week 10lbs like you, then it slowed down to 3 - 4 lbs per week.

To be honest I would have been happy losing 14lbs in a month.

I don't think it matters how much you lose - the fact that you are losing is the motivation behind any diet.

Keep up the hard work and good luck for any future weigh in's.:D

I agree - I don't think there is a normal rate - we are all so different. I lost 2 stone 3lb (31lb) in my first month. I understand what you are saying about not wanting the weight loss to slow down, as I feel the same, but actually I have lost every week for the last 6 weeks, which is amazing!! If it gets to 3.5lb a week, that still makes a stone a month, which is what Cambridge say you should achieve.

Good luck with your journey honey x

Back