First post - introduction

SweetFannyAdams

Hi everyone

Have been having a look round this forum for the last couple of days, and just had a look at the Inspirational Slide Show! - wow, some amazing life changes there.

I'm 37, married with 2 boys (age 5 & 7) and I think I can't use childbirth as an excuse for being fat anymore! I started Lighter Life on Monday and have my first weigh in tomorrow night. I'm excited, as I've stuck to it rigidly, but nervous as I also have my period which usually makes the weight cling on!

I'm doing okay, but really not enjoying any of the packs - there's only the raspberry and strawberry that I can drink without holding my breath! I was really looking forward to the chocolate and it was the worst of the lot! Maybe I just have to get my head round the fact that they're not to be enjoyed, but a necessary evil, lol. I'm a bit headachey, lethargic and cold too - took myself back off to bed this morning after dropping the boys at school! Can't wait to have an energy surge.

Anyway, that's it for now.

Kate

Welcome Kate - and best of luck.
Your tastes may well change on this diet - and they may change back again so things you do not like now could taste great in a few weeks!

Welcome Kate,

I am sure your tastes will change. Just hang in there. Put some pepper and tobasco in the soups it does make a difference.
Also from week two read through the recipes you may find something you like there. The choclate made into a muffin is not too bad. And the crisps are a god send.

I am sure you will have a good loss regardless.
And you can look forward to the energy to start rolling in. I can't even remember what week I am on and I still have loads of energy.

welcome and i agree with the others your tastes will vary throughout, I lived off mushroom & chicken soup for 4mnths as i vouldn't face any of the shakes as i have an aversion to milk and they reminded me of milk shakes, then couldn't face it any more so i tried the new shake flavours they brought in and am now living on strawberry & banana shakes. I aslo agree loads of pepper and tabasco in the soups helps if can stomach it.

good luck

Thanks for the replies!

I've got a really furry mouth and my eldest boy says I 'smell of tuna' :eek: (I think he's talking about my breath, lol) - any tips?

Kate

those minty things that melt on your tongue worked for me and they are allowed, and drink more water this will get rid of any bad tastes and make the breath better. Not sure about the furry mouth though!!

Ooh the dreaded ketosis breath, I don't miss that!

There's not too much you can do really, drink lots of water (try and cut back on coffee if you drink a lot of that) brush your teeth a lot (don't forget to brush your tongue too) and gargle with mouthwash.

You can use breath freshening sprays (in moderation) but I think some have sugar in. I know the Gold Spot is allowed.

Next week you'll be able to have bars which will help, but if you're really struggling with the packs, make them up with a little bit less water and then they're over and done with quicker.

Your tastes really do change on the diet! I've got quite a sweet tooth, and after 4 months on pretty much exclusively the chocolate packs, I am loving eating healthy food now, and am even developing a taste for spicy stuff! This is coming from a woman who once rushed to the kitchen to drink a pint of water after eating a popadom that was described as 'mildly spiced' :rolleyes:

The diet is pretty much all you can think about for the first few weeks, but it then becomes second nature, and really gives you space to think about your eating habits, your psychological hungers and allows you to make positive, lifelong changes.

Enjoy the journey! :D

Thank you all! I'm just going to try some coffee with a vanilla shake to see if it becomes more palatable! Does the ketosis breath hang around the whole time you're in Foundation or is it just an early days thing?

Nervous and excited about my first weigh-in tonight - will report back afterwards. Really hoping for a few pounds off to keep me motivated!

Kate

Good luck tonight with your wi Kate you can achieve your dreams with this diet

I mush up lots of crushed ice and whizz up the shakes and some water with the ice to make it very thick and creamy.

Also try flavour combos - I agree that the chocolate is disappointing on its own but half and half with vanilla is reminiscent of a milky way (okay, vaguely) and with half choc half banana is very nice too. Strawberry and banana taste like peach flavour Angel Delight if you remember that.

Keep meaning to try banana and vanilla to see if it tastes like banana custard and strawberry and vanilla to see if it's like strawberries and cream (ish)!

I think my emotions must be really heightened because I just almost burst into tears that you're all taking the trouble to reply!!!

The coffee with vanilla was surprisingly okay!! I think that might be my brekkie of choice from now on. I hated the vanilla on its own, but that made it quite palatable. I'll try the chocolate with vanilla tomorrow, I think.

Is it okay just to stick to the shakes for now and dump the soups? We're planning on going away this weekend, taking the boys to Legoland, and I think shakes will be much easier to prepare - and hoping my LLC will give me some bars tonight. What are the nicest bars, if I get a choice?

Kate

I think my emotions must be really heightened because I just almost burst into tears that you're all taking the trouble to reply!!!

The coffee with vanilla was surprisingly okay!! I think that might be my brekkie of choice from now on. I hated the vanilla on its own, but that made it quite palatable. I'll try the chocolate with vanilla tomorrow, I think.

Is it okay just to stick to the shakes for now and dump the soups? We're planning on going away this weekend, taking the boys to Legoland, and I think shakes will be much easier to prepare - and hoping my LLC will give me some bars tonight. What are the nicest bars, if I get a choice?

Kate
Definately the peanut and cranberry ones the others are vile (like eating play dough)
I found a nifty trick when I was stuck with a pack but no shaker. buy a 500ml bottle of water and drink some out of it until you have enough left for a shake, then use a piece of paper as a funnel and get the shake in there. A few decent shakes and hey presto no lumps.

The peanut bar is really nice though, and if you are a sweet tooth kind of person the cranberry will also do the trick. Some people do like the other bars but I would hazard a guess and say 80% of people don't. Maybe try the lemon one its the only one I thought was not too bad.

How sad I am??? I am sitting here drooling over a peanut bar hehehehehe

Got to agree with Tange - the old style bars are VILE. I actually spat my first mouthful out! The new ones (peanut and cranberry) are quite pleasant, personally I prefer the peanut.

And Lakeland do a nifty beaker thing with a ball whisk in it that I imagine would be good for shakes on the move. I only have shakes as I'm not keen on the soups and don't fancy them at the moment. Have whatever gets you through!

Noooooooooo!!!!! I was bargaining on the bars being LUSH!

Fab tip with the water bottle - thanks!

Kate

The peanut bar is my favourite. A couple of things you can do with it......toast it till it gets browned and a little carmelised and then sprinkle with salt - then break up to lots of little peices and nibble like honey roasted peanuts. You can also cut it in squares, and dip it in "chocolate" made from a chocolate pack mixxed fairly thick - then pop in the freezer and have later. Like a snickers bar. Both ways are yummmmmy. xKatieX told me about those recipes and they are a lifesaver!!!

Its also good toasted, then a small bit broken up and pout in a chocloate muffin - alsmost like a brownie!

Blimey, what a creative lot you are! Thanks for that, BL!

lol - gotta do what we can to keep it inetersting!

I even tried to make a pancake out of the pack for Shrove Tuesday!! :rotflmao:

Only place it went was in the bin!! hehe

Be sure and check out the recipe thread at the top of the Forum SFA - lost of ideas there. :)

x

Back