First Savoury Drink!!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by lilscottishlady, 3 May 2007 Social URL.

1. lilscottishlady

lilscottishlady Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(13.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well have to say was quite surprised really really nice put it off as was expecting it to be awful but really yummy can see me buying more mmmmmmmmmm :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. harri

harri Full Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    :D i like them too! Just having one now after my attempt to make a vanilla biscuit went horribly wrong! Actually feel like i've had soup when i have these. Can't stand the proper soups though.Tried to make the poppodoms too.....disaster!!!

4. LEJ

LEJ Full Member

hehe they are quite nice, although saying that my taste changes all the time what i liked at first i cant stand now lol, I love choc/mint at the moment and yummy vanilla muffins.

5. harri

harri Full Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    i obviously don't have the skills with the old microwave cos all my stuff has tasted awful!!!:D

6. lilscottishlady

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(13.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    To be honest my muffin making was not fab but tasted soooooooooo much better than the shakes so i have it all plannedL:

10 am Savoury Drink

3pm Savour Drink & Bar

5:30 pm Soup and a Chocolate Muffin

lol well thats the plan anyway!

7. harri

harri Full Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    you're organised!!! Best of luck with the muffin..... any tips on how to make them so they don't look like cow pats!!!??

8. lilscottishlady

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(13.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    nope it will look like a cow pat!

9. harri

harri Full Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    oh well,:cry: shakes it is then for the next 13 weeks!!!
    Hope the weigh in goes well for you tonight:D

10. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

I like the savoury drink with a bowl of crisps - gorgeous :)

Cath

11. soontobeskinny

soontobeskinny Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi Ladies,

I have last night cracked the secret to choclate muffins! Woo hoo! So shall I share my secret? Hmmm.... of course!

I make sure I add just enough water to make sure theres no powder left. Much thicker than normal cake mix, in fact quite sticky and thick. So much so theres no way it would drip off as spoon. And about 1min 20 secs in the microwave is perfect. Puffs up beautifully.

But trust me I've made my fair share of choclate cow pats! lol

Cx

12. sambasset

sambasset Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    I've never attempted the muffins or crisps - I'm too scared off making a hash of them! But I'm tempted to give it a go having read this thread. A couple of questions - when you are mixing the water into the pack do you use a spoon or a hand blender? Also, roughly how long does it take? I've always imagined it would be a real struggle making sure there were no lumps - is this the case or does it mix quite easily?

Thanks!

13. soontobeskinny

soontobeskinny Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    It mixes really easily. Mixture is too thick to use a blender though. I put my chocolate pack in a ramekin dish and add a tablespoon of water at a time (so as not to add too much = cow pat!) So add a tablespoon of boiling water, mix it in, then another tablesoon, mix that, then another tablespoon. You shouldn't need too much more than that. Just enough to make sure there no powder left. It's just very thick and sticky, level it off (no need to beat or whip as with cake mixture - just stir it in) and pop in the microwave for approx 1 minute, maybe 1min 20secs (Depending on microwave)

Granted its not your usual "Chocolate Muffin" but it puffs up (though sinks a little when you take it out a bit like a souffle) gives you something to chew and tastes a damn sight better than ANOTHER shake.

Good luck!

14. sambasset

sambasset Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Thanks a million, soontobeskinny, I'll let you know how I get on!

15. sambasset

sambasset Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Well, I made the muffin! Thanks to your instructions I found it straightforward to make and I'll definitely try cooking the other packs - crisps, stuffing etc now. I didn't actually enjoy the muffin that much - it was fine but I found it quite tasteless. I preferred it before I microwaved it - I licked my fingers and thought it was lovely! I might just mix it into a paste and eat it like that in future. Not the most aesthetically pleasing dish, but who cares!

16. harri

harri Full Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    anyone know how to make crisps???? :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.