First Savoury Drink!!

lilscottishlady

Well have to say was quite surprised really really nice put it off as was expecting it to be awful but really yummy can see me buying more mmmmmmmmmm :D

:D i like them too! Just having one now after my attempt to make a vanilla biscuit went horribly wrong! Actually feel like i've had soup when i have these. Can't stand the proper soups though.Tried to make the poppodoms too.....disaster!!!

hehe they are quite nice, although saying that my taste changes all the time what i liked at first i cant stand now lol, I love choc/mint at the moment and yummy vanilla muffins.

i obviously don't have the skills with the old microwave cos all my stuff has tasted awful!!!:D

you're organised!!! Best of luck with the muffin..... any tips on how to make them so they don't look like cow pats!!!??

oh well,:cry: shakes it is then for the next 13 weeks!!!
Hope the weigh in goes well for you tonight:D

I like the savoury drink with a bowl of crisps - gorgeous :)

Cath

Hi Ladies,

I have last night cracked the secret to choclate muffins! Woo hoo! So shall I share my secret? Hmmm.... of course!

I make sure I add just enough water to make sure theres no powder left. Much thicker than normal cake mix, in fact quite sticky and thick. So much so theres no way it would drip off as spoon. And about 1min 20 secs in the microwave is perfect. Puffs up beautifully.

But trust me I've made my fair share of choclate cow pats! lol

Cx

I've never attempted the muffins or crisps - I'm too scared off making a hash of them! But I'm tempted to give it a go having read this thread. A couple of questions - when you are mixing the water into the pack do you use a spoon or a hand blender? Also, roughly how long does it take? I've always imagined it would be a real struggle making sure there were no lumps - is this the case or does it mix quite easily?

Thanks!

It mixes really easily. Mixture is too thick to use a blender though. I put my chocolate pack in a ramekin dish and add a tablespoon of water at a time (so as not to add too much = cow pat!) So add a tablespoon of boiling water, mix it in, then another tablesoon, mix that, then another tablespoon. You shouldn't need too much more than that. Just enough to make sure there no powder left. It's just very thick and sticky, level it off (no need to beat or whip as with cake mixture - just stir it in) and pop in the microwave for approx 1 minute, maybe 1min 20secs (Depending on microwave)

Granted its not your usual "Chocolate Muffin" but it puffs up (though sinks a little when you take it out a bit like a souffle) gives you something to chew and tastes a damn sight better than ANOTHER shake.

Good luck!

Well, I made the muffin! Thanks to your instructions I found it straightforward to make and I'll definitely try cooking the other packs - crisps, stuffing etc now. I didn't actually enjoy the muffin that much - it was fine but I found it quite tasteless. I preferred it before I microwaved it - I licked my fingers and thought it was lovely! I might just mix it into a paste and eat it like that in future. Not the most aesthetically pleasing dish, but who cares!

Back