First week and I'm hungry!

Sharloid.

As the title says, it's my first week doing SW (though I followed it for a few months a couple of years back) and I'm really hungry! I don't know if it's just because I'm consiously thinking about my food or what. I've been walking between 3 and 8 miles a day with the dogs and I've started to feel a bit jittery. Please tell me it gets easier? :p

Here's what I've eaten today. I'm following the green plan

Breakfast: 35g blueberry wheats (HEB) with ss milk (HEA)
Snack: fat free blueberry yogurt with melon
Dinner: home made bean burgers, mash and sweetcorn, chilli sauce (1.5 syns)
Snack: Popcorn (2 syns), oil (1.5 syns)
Tea: Butternut squash and quorn curry with tomatoes, green beans and sweetcorn
Snack: 2 custard creams (6 syns)

I'm just a greedy pig aren't I? *Tummy rumbles*. :(

Last edited:
I would advise you to look in your books and if you are hungry eat more free foods. Speed foods would be best.

Oh and on green plan u get 2 hea choices and 2 heb choices xxx

I'm struggling to eat all my HEs. Having to have milk and cheese every day is quite strange to get my head around!. I can't afford Alpen lights or anything like that for some sweetness either.

I'm struggling to eat all my HEs. Having to have milk and cheese every day is quite strange to get my head around!. I can't afford Alpen lights or anything like that for some sweetness either.

I'm not sure if they do it now because I don't shop there anymore, but Aldi used to do a version of a cereal bar, harvest morn or something like that, and you used to be able to have 2 and I think they were £1 for a box of 6... something to look up?

I'm not sure if they do it now because I don't shop there anymore, but Aldi used to do a version of a cereal bar, harvest morn or something like that, and you used to be able to have 2 and I think they were £1 for a box of 6... something to look up?
yup, they still sell those, i love the choc orange ones, mmmmm

You arent having a whole lot of superfree. I know its not a requirement on green, but it will help fill you up. Sweetcorn is free, but its not superfree. maybe have some salad or some roasted veggies, or try making a big pot of soup with superfree veg and have a cup of that when you feel hungry?

I agree, superfree is recommended on all plans now so try to include it with every meal. Make sure you have your other healthy extras too - it doesn't have to be cereal, bread or cereal bars. You could have dried/tinned/stewed fruit which would help with the sugar withdrawal symptoms you are feeling. Take care xx

Hi
On Slimming World you should never feel hungry, like everyone says increase your superfree with salads and any kind of veg, experiment with cooking then roasting veg alters them so much. Then add your fillers to do what it says fill you up. A jacket potato, or two, something a bit different, microwave a couple of jackets for about 7mins put them in a hot oven until done, bring them out and let them go cold then cut into wedges spray with fry light and put back in a hot oven, they go lovely and crispy and taste fab. Make a home made dip and eat them anytime. Cook a big bowl of pasta and keep in the fridge to add to pasta salads or a pasta sauce. Hope this helps xx

As the title says, it's my first week doing SW (though I followed it for a few months a couple of years back) and I'm really hungry! I don't know if it's just because I'm consiously thinking about my food or what. I've been walking between 3 and 8 miles a day with the dogs and I've started to feel a bit jittery. Please tell me it gets easier? :p

Here's what I've eaten today. I'm following the green plan

Breakfast: 35g blueberry wheats (HEB) with ss milk (HEA)
Snack: fat free blueberry yogurt with melon
Dinner: home made bean burgers, mash and sweetcorn, chilli sauce (1.5 syns)
Snack: Popcorn (2 syns), oil (1.5 syns)
Tea: Butternut squash and quorn curry with tomatoes, green beans and sweetcorn
Snack: 2 custard creams (6 syns)

I'm just a greedy pig aren't I? *Tummy rumbles*. :(

On a green day you get 2 hexa's and 2 hexb's.
You should never have to feel hungry on this plan, there are loads of free/superfree foods you can fill up on. When i first started i was so afraid to eat anything after i'd had my tea because I was so used to not eating at night. This plan has taught me to not deprive myself.
Fruit is always a winner for me. Fills me up and keeps me going.
Good luck xxx

I would just reiterate that on S W you should never ever feel hungry. I would also suggest lots of superfree. Melons fill me up, soup,etc. I love the idea of the jacket chips, but for snacks its best to stick to superfree as its easy to overload on chips!!! :)

Back