first weigh in and a little disppointed

e.night04

Ive just had my first weigh in this evening
Ive been 99% the 1% being a little splash of milk twice in my coffee. I only lost 6lbs and feelin quite disheartened by it if im honest.
To be fair i was weighed in the morning on my induction and this week in the evening. Im hoping thats why my loss is so low for the first week.

Your weight does fluctuate through the day a fair bit, so that could be a contributory factor. Also things like TOTM can affect what the scales say.

Don't be disheartened by a 6lb loss - that's a great start! What other diet would cause you to drop 6lb in a week eh?!

Keep up the great work, and see what the scales say next week, you may well get a big surprise now you're in ketosis! x x x

Hi. That is still a good loss so dont be disheartened. It may be that your weight is different in the morning compared to night. Also you need to give week 2 a chance as many have a similar loss then. It will also depend how much you have to loose and did you loose inches ????

Stick with it. The results are amazing :)

Was it skimmed milk? I doubt that would make a lot of difference - you can have skimmed milk on SS+ and apparently the losses aren't too different on SS and SS+

Don't be disheartened hun - it might come off next week and 6lbs is still an awesome loss xx

PS, I was slightly disappointed with my first loss (8 pounds) and had to give myself a similar talking to - somehow I was expecting double figures as I went from serious over-eating to strict step 2. I sharp realised that I should be proud of myself for taking the step to do something pro-active, and any loss is a step in the right direction. Keep at it and keep us posted! x

My starting weight was 16st 8lbs the last time i did cd i lost 10lbs in my first week i was hoping for at least 8lbs. She kept saying call it 8lbs cos of the time difference but id rather see it on the scales. I have lost 6 1/2 inches from my waist so am quite pleased with that although its probably just water ive lost as ive only lost half an inch everywhere else.
I intend to carry on and see another week out. I am completely focused this time round. Im hoping i will have a decent loss next week.

6 1/2" from your waist is amazing. Keep up the good work :D

6.5 inches from waist!!! Amazing! Again, what other diet would give you this result? 6.5 inches is a big drop, just look at how much it is on a ruler, and imagine that gap between the buttons on a pair of jeans you're unable to fasten, then how easily they would fasten with the loss. 6.5 inches man! That's mega! The only way is up - that measurement is just going to keep decreasing. Yay!
:bunnydance:

That's incredible! I thought 4 off my hips was good! :D xx

Please read the sticky about measuring success by the scales.
For me, as I have a lot to lose it has previously always been about what the numbers say on the damn scales.
I have so much too lose that it seems an impossible task, but now I think even if I only lose a pound, if I wasn't on CD I would have probably gained several!!
6lb is still a lot!!! It's near enough a new born baby... Think of it like that!!! Keep up the good work x

Don't forget in first two weeks u r losing water, That is why the losses are so varied 4lb - over a stone. So don't worry I can weigh myself am and pm and be upto 3 lb difference. So if you just stick to the plan ur be fine.

Thanks guys i woke up this morning feeling very positive at the end of the day im 6lbs lighter than last week although jambro....im in a habit of giving birth to 9lb babies haha
I think im going to set my mind to how my clothes feel rather than what some stupid set of plastic scales say.
:)

Thanks guys i woke up this morning feeling very positive at the end of the day im 6lbs lighter than last week although jambro....im in a habit of giving birth to 9lb babies haha
I think im going to set my mind to how my clothes feel rather than what some stupid set of plastic scales say.
:)
9lb babies??!! Poor you!!.... Ok you've lost 3 bags of sugar!!

Back