First weigh in and first Slimming World!

Dreaded going to SW after having been an avid WW supporter before but six stone later I need something new!

Weighed in last week and lost 6lb! Can't believe you can eat so much tasty filling food and lose weight!

The only thing- I don't understand how it works?

R x

Hi SWB! Just thought I'd drop you a line to say well done on your first week! Obviously a great success and sounds like you've thoroughly enjoyed your food and discovered that you can eat really well!! I've read your blog and it was a really heartfelt and honest account of how you've been feeling and what you're planning to do about it!! Really inspiring! I've been at this lark for 14 months- You may look at my loss and wonder why it's taken me so long to lose, at times I've been very frustrated and felt like a failure, but looking back now at my acheivement I feel fine about taking the scenic route- I feel brilliant about myself (well I'll feel even better after my last stone has been shifted!!) and I've really enjoyed my food along the way with plently of breaks and indulgences! Who said we have to be good ALL the time?!! So good luck with your journey and I'll be checking to see how you're getting on! I never thought I'd stick to something for so long but now I know that it's a way of life (just like you were looking for!) and I still can't believe how much we can eat and still see losses!!

Re how it works I really do think that it's purely because we're cutting right back on all the little things that are packed with calories (think 10 Quality St = 500 cals- very easy to do without feeling full THEN having a big meal...) and having so much more for our money as it were!

HeatherX

Well done, Slimmingworldboy.

Can you just accept that it works?
Mind you, I can't do that either!

My understanding is that it is a combination of two factors:
- you're eating so much of the really healthy, low fat, low added sugar stuff that you haven't got room for as much bad stuff, and therefore you limit your calorific intake without actually calorie counting, and
- it's a type of food combining that maximises the performance of your metabolism.

But if you could just accept that it works, don't worry that you're eating loads, DEFINITELY don't try to combine it with WW and therefore worry about what you're eating, and therefore try to cut it down, and therefore sabotage yourself...

... it really does work!

Hi Heather,
Thank you so much for looking at my blog. It's the first time I've done anything like that before but I just had an urge to put something out there. I've just seen your weight loss of a whopping of 57lbs! That's amazing! Who cares if it's the scenic route or your on the motorway! That's a hell of a lot of weight and you're only just outside of the healthy BMI range. It must feel so good now to be so close! Has your family been supportive through the weight loss?
R x

And Hello Sarah,
Thanks for letting me know that other people are confused about how the plan can be so liberating and so successful! I think you're right, just keeping faith in knowing that it works has to be enough!
R x

Well done on your loss thats brill :) I too dont understand how it works but to be honest i dont really care because I love it lol. Dont think ill ever go back to my old way of life now x

Hi Heather,
Thank you so much for looking at my blog. It's the first time I've done anything like that before but I just had an urge to put something out there. I've just seen your weight loss of a whopping of 57lbs! That's amazing! Who cares if it's the scenic route or your on the motorway! That's a hell of a lot of weight and you're only just outside of the healthy BMI range. It must feel so good now to be so close! Has your family been supportive through the weight loss?
R x

And Hello Sarah,
Thanks for letting me know that other people are confused about how the plan can be so liberating and so successful! I think you're right, just keeping faith in knowing that it works has to be enough!
R x

Thanks R for the words of encouragement! And don't worry too much about how it works, just trust that it does and enjoy every morsel!! As Sarah rightly says, it's very liberating!!

Well it was 61.5lb b4 Christmas so not nice seeing the total number go down but I'm determined to nip that in the bud in the very near future!! No more messing about, FOCUS is the key word for me for the next few months!!

My husband has been very supportive but he's in denial that he is carrying far too much weight himself and should really do something about it, but as you know yourself you've got to be ready in your own head to do it and no amount of people 'advising' you to do it will convince you!! He does sometimes accuse me of being obsesssed, but most of the time he's pretty good and he says he's proud of me and compliments me on how I look etc. My parents live 3 hours away and they're very complimentary which I'm very glad about because my Mum put pressure on me for years which of course fell on deaf ears!! Are your family and friends supportive? How are your mates about you doing it? Do you think you'll get peer pressure to go to MacDs/pub more than you'd like to? I suppose it's going to take a little while to adapt your lifestyle! My husband says he can't possibly stand at a bar and not have a pint of beer in his hand!! Whereas I can quite happily enjoy a diet coke in the pub!!X

Thanks R for the words of encouragement! And don't worry too much about how it works, just trust that it does and enjoy every morsel!! As Sarah rightly says, it's very liberating!!

Well it was 61.5lb b4 Christmas so not nice seeing the total number go down but I'm determined to nip that in the bud in the very near future!! No more messing about, FOCUS is the key word for me for the next few months!!

My husband has been very supportive but he's in denial that he is carrying far too much weight himself and should really do something about it, but as you know yourself you've got to be ready in your own head to do it and no amount of people 'advising' you to do it will convince you!! He does sometimes accuse me of being obsesssed, but most of the time he's pretty good and he says he's proud of me and compliments me on how I look etc. My parents live 3 hours away and they're very complimentary which I'm very glad about because my Mum put pressure on me for years which of course fell on deaf ears!! Are your family and friends supportive? How are your mates about you doing it? Do you think you'll get peer pressure to go to MacDs/pub more than you'd like to? I suppose it's going to take a little while to adapt your lifestyle! My husband says he can't possibly stand at a bar and not have a pint of beer in his hand!! Whereas I can quite happily enjoy a diet coke in the pub!!X

You're so right it's something you can only do it your own time when you're ready. My family were ready for me to lose weight a long time ago! But I was quite happy moving into the 14s 15s 16s 17s 18s :D But I know where your hubby's coming from- he can't be annoyed enough about his weight to sacrifice the beer? I was exactly the same with the Maccy D runs and the student lifestyle of drink drink drink. It's only since I saw some photos on facebook that I started to think in a couple of years I won't be going out at all so it's best to start making the sacrifices now.

I get a lot of support from my Mum, her side have always struggled with their weight. She joined SW with me, we both have about 6st to lose so were sort of competing against eachother at the moment. HOWEVER, my Dad on the other side has never had a weight problem nor my brother so they don't really understand how hard it can be- there one of those 'Eat less, do more' people! Very annoying!

So do you think your weight loss may inspire your husband to join you? You hear about so many people who lose weight when their partner has! :D

R xxx

You're so right it's something you can only do it your own time when you're ready. My family were ready for me to lose weight a long time ago! But I was quite happy moving into the 14s 15s 16s 17s 18s :D But I know where your hubby's coming from- he can't be annoyed enough about his weight to sacrifice the beer? I was exactly the same with the Maccy D runs and the student lifestyle of drink drink drink. It's only since I saw some photos on facebook that I started to think in a couple of years I won't be going out at all so it's best to start making the sacrifices now.

I get a lot of support from my Mum, her side have always struggled with their weight. She joined SW with me, we both have about 6st to lose so were sort of competing against eachother at the moment. HOWEVER, my Dad on the other side has never had a weight problem nor my brother so they don't really understand how hard it can be- there one of those 'Eat less, do more' people! Very annoying!

So do you think your weight loss may inspire your husband to join you? You hear about so many people who lose weight when their partner has! :D

R xxx

Well I hope so!! But I don't want to nag him about it because I'm worried he'll think it's because I want him to 'look better'! I'd be lying if I said that being slimmer would result in him looking better/healthier etc but my genuine main concern is for his health! He blames his asthma on getting out of puff easily, which definitely contributes, but I try to get the message across to him that losing weight would probably help to relieve the asthma too! I feel sorry for him because a lot of our family, friends and people in our village are saying to him 'ooh hasn't Heather done well, so when are you going to start?!!' I try to get him to read the success stories of male members in the SW magazine but he doesn't show much interest - I think that's because he's burying his head in the sand!! He has occasional outbursts of 'omg what a fat b*&%$d I am- I've got to do something' when seeing photos of himself or 'from now on I'm going to eat chicken, fish, rice and vegetables' when inspired by something on tv etc but it never lasts long!!! He eats the food I cook but it's everything else he eats on top and all the little bad habits that do the damage!!X

Hi R,

How are you doing? Haven't seen you here for a few days! You've probably been very busy, or maybe not as obsessed with Minimins as I am!! Hope you're still very much in the zone and look forward to seeing your progress X

Back