First WI - Advice please

Caroline83

I was just wondering, I am due my first weigh in today and I am worried that I will not get the results I am after. I have pinned a lot on this diet working and working quickly (I have a wedding dress to get in and 12 weeks to do it!) Just wondered if anyone else had this kind of wobble before the first weigh in. I have stuck in 100% so am worried that if I don't get the results I don't know what more I can do.

If you've been 100% then you have nothing to worry about hun!! :D

Take your measurements as well....becuase sometimes you can loss inches more than lb's on the scales!
in 12 weeks, thats about 3 stone you should lose using the stone a month rule....cant see what your current BMI is as sometimes if you have more to lose if can come off quicker.

You certainly wont be at goal in 12 weeks as that woul be 11lbs a week to lose, but i would imagine you would be able to achieve a third of what you want to lose! :D

Well done for coming onto CD...its no way an easy option but its a good one! Let us know how you get on
xx

Are you doing ss? If so and you are 100%, and taking plenty of water it would be unusual it seems not to see good losses in the first week, judging by most peoples experience. The important thing to remember is that even if you do not lose huge amounts that you would like to each week, you will continue to lose every week, until you reach goal. Which is more than can be said for most other diet approaches. CD does work, if you follow it strictly so don't be disheartened, you may just be pleasantly suprised! Good luck xx

Hi Caroline - as Liz has said if you have been 100% this diet will work, and the advice about taking your measurements is a good one. I am sure you will get a good result which will give you a great buzz and motivation for the weeks to follow. Let us know how you get on.

I was like you in the very begining :) and made a thread like you worrying myself silly that surely big losses wouldn't happen to 'me'

I lost 10 pounds the first week

Like the other girls have said keep at this one hundred percent and the weight will fall off

What else is there to do? If you don't get the huge loss you're wanting what are you going to do? Stop the diet and either eat rubbish cos you're fed up, or go onto another diet? The VLCDs (Cambridge/LL/Lipotrim etc) are the only diets that let you lose weight this fast. If you've been 100% then your body will lose 100% of the weight it wants to lose this week, that's all you can say. Giving up and getting miserable about it will get the weight off slower, not quicker.

I know it can be hard wanting it to happen overnight, but we put the weight on over several years, wanting it off in days is unrealistic. I think we have to go through the journey so we reprogram ourselves. At least our journey is going to be shorter and hopefully more informative than a journey on WW or SW for instance.

I lost 10 lbs on my first week, but this week so far I only seem to have lost a couple of lbs. There's nothing I can do about it except keep drinking the water. Good luck for your weigh in, all you can do is keep going and doing your best, the weight has to come off, but it'll come off at its own pace.

just to add....i was the biggest sceptic ever at the start...lost 13lbs in my first week and after 19 weeks i'm 1lb off losing 6 stone!
Put 100% in, you get 100% out!
I think you will be needing it taking in when you get closer to the wedding hun!!!
xxx

Don't stress over it, everyone gets good results the first week (and every other week, but great in week 1), and so long as you have followed the diet you will to.

Please don't worry about your first wi hun, i'm sure you will come away feeling very happy and surprised at how much you needn't have worried.

Let us know how you get on.

Fingers crossed for you Caroline, let us know how first weigh-in went. I had the same fear when I first did Lighterlife, convinced that I would not have the same kind of losses as everyone else - which turned out to be completely unfounded.
Good Luck!

YIPPEE!!!!!!!
Well done hun! See...! :D:D:D:D
Here's to week 2!!! :D
xx

That is fantastic - well done! You will soon fit into your dress :)

well done on fab loss, i havent started CD yet but will be next week, all these good wieght losses are making me think i am definately making the right choice.

Back