Fish & Chip Shop Query

poppyowner

Silver Member
Hi all

Thinking of treating the kids to Chips from chippy tomorrow as surprise last day school treat (used to be McD but really cannot trust myself!!!) - can you please remind me ..... IS COD IN BATTER (or any fish) SYNFREE IF YOU REMOVE ALL THE BATTER AND JUST EAT THE FISH ? I think it used to be synfree just wondering if that has now changed?
ALSO what are the best options for visiting the chippy on an Original day plan?

Thanks

Jill

Hi Jill...yes, you can eat the fish as syn free on a red day as long as the batter is removed...this will be very difficult!!! I suppose you could have chicken providing you do the same, but the chippy isnt really a safe option when doing SW...sorry!

my chipie does jacket potatoes with salad or beans maybe you could ask for that then you wont tempted after all its a treat for the kids your 'treat' will be getting on the scales having lost some more weight.

I was wondering whether to share a bag of chips with Michael ( 13.5 syns for half a regular sized bag) and enjoy a Cod In 'removed' Batter (synfree RED).
That way - still within my syns and enjoying best of both worlds.

OR........ maybe I could just give them some money and let each chose what they want to eat for dinner out their share - after all - only one day isn't it!?! Could be safer.... will see what their moods are like tomorrow - LOL

Thanks everyone

Jill

If it's an EE day, your fish is still free and you can take the lower syn value of the chips...if that's what you really want ;)

Or why don't you make your own SW chips at home, for freeeee, still get the fish and enjoy guilt free.

oooh...or, make your own fish in 'batter' by using egg and part of a HeB brown breadcrumbs and fry in frylight...then the whole meal would be really low syn. Kinda defeats the objective of getting an easy take-out meal, but it would keep you on track :)

x

Thanks for the ideas everyone - the kids are being very argumentative today so will see whether I am going to treat them tomorrow or not - behaviour dependant! Thanks again though.....

Jill

Back