Fish

Heaven

Ok im going to start eating fish.

I am a veggi and dont eat any other meat but i have a problem - i only like fish with no bones and coated in batter or breadcrums. :confused: (and not strong)

So can you help me on what type of fish to get eg freezer fresh and where? Also how to cook it and some ideas of what to put on it like coating or sauce? thanks xxx

I only really like cod or haddock - get the fillets from the fishcounter - blitz some wholemeal bread into crumbs ( use as your HEXB)
Dip the fish in beaten egg then coat in crumbs and bake with a spray of frylight on to make crispy!

I dont do skin or bones on fish, but as moomintrolljen has said, get the loin and make into fish fingers etc...delicious with syn free chips and mushy peas!

I buy small prawns, put them in a non stick pan with a clove (or two) of garlic. Don't chop the garlic leave it whole. Add a tablespoon of tomato puree and fry over a medium heat for about 10 mins stirring often. Remove the garlic cloves and then serve with a big salad or veggie mash. Delicious - free on original.
You could coat scampi in beaten egg and then use fry light in a pan to cook them, or you could roast them? this way it would be syn free.
have fun!

I like my fish very plain. I just put it in a covered dish in the microwave with a little lemon or lime juice and cook for 2-5 minutes, depending on the thickness.

At the moment my favourite is Tilapia fillets, which take just two minutes. No bone, no skin.

Back