Fish

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Heaven, 16 July 2010 Social URL.

1. Heaven

Heaven Full Member

Ok im going to start eating fish.

I am a veggi and dont eat any other meat but i have a problem - i only like fish with no bones and coated in batter or breadcrums. :confused: (and not strong)

So can you help me on what type of fish to get eg freezer fresh and where? Also how to cook it and some ideas of what to put on it like coating or sauce? thanks xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. moomintrolljen

moomintrolljen Will be thin god dammit!!

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I only really like cod or haddock - get the fillets from the fishcounter - blitz some wholemeal bread into crumbs ( use as your HEXB)
    Dip the fish in beaten egg then coat in crumbs and bake with a spray of frylight on to make crispy!

4. Heaven

Heaven Full Member

mmmmmmm thanks xxx

5. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I dont do skin or bones on fish, but as moomintrolljen has said, get the loin and make into fish fingers etc...delicious with syn free chips and mushy peas!

6. lentil2

lentil2 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(10.05%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I have coated fish and chicken in cous cous before now and that was successful and saves on a healthy extra B into the bargain too!
    Just soak the cous cous as you would normally, dip the fish in beaten egg and then roll in the cous cous. Spray with fry light and bake in the oven.

7. Tia1976

Tia1976 Full Member

I buy small prawns, put them in a non stick pan with a clove (or two) of garlic. Don't chop the garlic leave it whole. Add a tablespoon of tomato puree and fry over a medium heat for about 10 mins stirring often. Remove the garlic cloves and then serve with a big salad or veggie mash. Delicious - free on original.
    You could coat scampi in beaten egg and then use fry light in a pan to cook them, or you could roast them? this way it would be syn free.
    have fun!

8. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I like my fish very plain. I just put it in a covered dish in the microwave with a little lemon or lime juice and cook for 2-5 minutes, depending on the thickness.

At the moment my favourite is Tilapia fillets, which take just two minutes. No bone, no skin.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.