Fish

Nyssa

I was just wondering is all fish fatty?

we had tilapia the other night and half way through eating it i panicked and stopped as i didnt want to get any side effects. today i have had a few spots of oil when going toilet but nothing major, im just wondering wether its likely to the be the fish causing that or possibly something else i ate?

No, not all fish is oily, mainly just your mackerels and tunas and that kind. Sea bass, salmon, cod, haddock are all good. Sea bass is my favourite cooked in lemon juice - yummy!

some tuna is ok, i eat alot of tuna in brine.. wouldnt be able to touch tuna in sunflower oil but brine is way in our limit, thankgod i say as i love my pasta and tuna

All white fish is ok, fresh tuna is ok. Herring, mackerel and Salmon are not. They are oily fish, and while the oils are heart healthy oils, Xenical will not differentiate between good heart healthy oils, and bad saturated fats.
Salmon for example can be anything up to 25% fat depending on whether it is farmed or wild salmon. If I remember correctly, you can get salmon that is bang on 5% fat, it's Alaskan Wild Salmon ( from fish counter, not tinned), and I think ASDA and Tesco may sell it.

Farmed tilapia is high in fat so best to avoid. Plenty of other fisy such as any white fish and tinned tuna.

Back