Fish

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by Nyssa, 10 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Nyssa

Nyssa Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    I was just wondering is all fish fatty?

we had tilapia the other night and half way through eating it i panicked and stopped as i didnt want to get any side effects. today i have had a few spots of oil when going toilet but nothing major, im just wondering wether its likely to the be the fish causing that or possibly something else i ate?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Passiflora

Passiflora Dasvidaniya FAT & FLAB!!

Diet:
    WW
    No, not all fish is oily, mainly just your mackerels and tunas and that kind. Sea bass, salmon, cod, haddock are all good. Sea bass is my favourite cooked in lemon juice - yummy!

4. yumymumywanabe

yumymumywanabe Fat be-gone

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    20st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(3.93%)
    Diet:
    5:2 & CC
    some tuna is ok, i eat alot of tuna in brine.. wouldnt be able to touch tuna in sunflower oil but brine is way in our limit, thankgod i say as i love my pasta and tuna

5. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(35.23%)
    Diet:
    SW
    All white fish is ok, fresh tuna is ok. Herring, mackerel and Salmon are not. They are oily fish, and while the oils are heart healthy oils, Xenical will not differentiate between good heart healthy oils, and bad saturated fats.
    Salmon for example can be anything up to 25% fat depending on whether it is farmed or wild salmon. If I remember correctly, you can get salmon that is bang on 5% fat, it's Alaskan Wild Salmon ( from fish counter, not tinned), and I think ASDA and Tesco may sell it.

6. downsizeme

downsizeme Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11.5lb(14.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Farmed tilapia is high in fat so best to avoid. Plenty of other fisy such as any white fish and tinned tuna.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.