Green Day Fishcakes

Fish cakes are really simple to make. You can experiment with any fish you like. Just start off with mashing some potatoes and seasoning with salt and pepper. Then add salmon, prawns, cod etc. you could add chilli powder if you wanted them spicy. Make into fish cake shapes, cover with beaten egg and then bread crumbs :)

Would you cook the fish first?
And is it ok to leave off the breadcrumbs?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes I cook the fish first then mix it in. You could use the breadcrumbs as a hexb (just whizz a couple of slices of bread in a food processor) or you could syn the bread. I don't follow a recipe I just kinda make stuff up so I'm not sure on quantities sorry. There's only me and my boyfriend so enough breadcrumbs for 2 of us. I'm sure they would taste ok without the breadcrumbs, they just wouldn't have a crispy coating. Fry them in a non stick frying pan with plenty of fry light.

Hi Freshstart

I made some lovely Thai Fish cakes the other day, although I didn't use potato or breadcrumbs:

2 small basa fillets - roughly chopped
A handful of raw prawns - half
1 tbsp of Thai Paste (1 syn)
Juice of half a lime
Fresh big wad of Coriander, 2x Garlic, 1x Chilli, and small chunk of peeled Ginger - chop roughly - add amounts according to your taste, I don't like ginger, so I only used a teeny amount.

Add your the coriander, garlic, chilli, ginger and lime juice to a food processor and blend right down, give it a stir and aadd your fish and thai paste and blend but not to the point of mush,

Roll into burgers or little bite sized balls, makes 2 burgers of 10-12 balls.

Put on a fry lited baking tray and cook for 15-20 mins on 180 degrees. Turning once during cooking

They are amazing!

Back