Fist week weigh in

Jillywags

Hi - had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 2lb. Cant help but feel deflated when others lose 4lb and 5lb - have been really good (I think) maybe Im doing something wrong - I do feel Im eating too much. :sigh:

Hi - had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 2lb. Cant help but feel deflated when others lose 4lb and 5lb - have been really good (I think) maybe Im doing something wrong - I do feel Im eating too much. :sigh:

You probably aren't eating too much, so don't worry about that.
I lost 2lbs in my first week, and 2.5 in my second so it might mean that you have a bigger loss next week. To "make up for it" as it were.
If you're worried about what you've eaten, check your food diary, or get your consultant to- they'll be able to tell you if there's something wrong :) Good luck :)

I only lost half a pound my first week, but Im getting on for 4 stone now, you'll be fine.

i only lost 2lb my first week and felt the same as you, other that started with me lost much more includign one girl from work who lost 9lb and had less to loose in total then me. One piece of advice i was given for extra wasy was to only eat if i am actually hungry, where as before i was told on slimming world to eat loads or it wont work. Next week i lost 3.5lb and got slimmer of the week so stick with it.

I don't know where you are getting the idea that mosy people lose 4 or 5lbs on their first week.

First week losses depend on a lot of factors and if you've been eating a fairly well balanced diet before joining then you are just not going to see huge losses. The people that lose a lot are usually coming from a very poor diet with fluid retention.

I was referring to people at class last night who lost 4lb and 5lb. I know everyone is different. I was just having a moan really as I was expecting a little more off!

As people have said, just try and stick with it, a loss is a loss- and from experience I can say that a 2lb loss is REALLY very good . If I could lose that a week i'd be over the moon ;)

Hi, when I first joined SW I lost 1.5 week one & felt gutted. The next week I lost 3.5 then 4 the week after! So you never know, stick with it :)

2lbs is excellent! Well done!

First weigh in for me last night and I lost 3, but I think that was because I wasn't wearing jeans lol...

Keep it up!

what you have lost is the average recommended weight loss, and what you have lost is great so dont compare with others we are all different so will lose different amounts of weight at different times , if you lose gradually then you will find it will stay off

Back