fizzy drinks -teeth and gums

ally___pally

today I noticed my gums were looking thin and a bit sore , do you think this could be from drinking loads more fizzy drinks ?? (diet of course ) and it's only
my front two teeth.

I can't think what else it could e because I brush twice daily and thoroughly , don't smoke and hardly eat sweets ?

hmmm

sorry just relised this is not really sw relevant !! sorry

Could possibly be. I'm weaning myself off diet fizz . Have you tried drinking through a straw instead as this could help?

@ Kelly,, thats a very good idea:).. im trying to get off diet orange at the minute and start drinking loads of water... Think i've a few straws at home left over from the kids parties!!! lol

My dentist lectured my sister and myself about the perils of drinking too much diet coke as it does damage to the teeth. We're limited to one can a day now.

Our dentist also said to drink it through a straw to minimise damage (as X Keely X advises) so that the fizz doesn't hit the front of the teeth straight away. I have to confess I don't do that, however I've cut the coke consumption.

I was doing so well, no fizzy diet drinks since xmas and last thursday i had one with my allocated syns chinese, now i have had 4 more in a week!!!!

again going to ban them from my house and having nothing to do with them the aspartame is horrendous in them!

thanks for all the advice guys , gonna try not drink as much but drink through a straw when I do :) see if it helps ! xxx

Back