Sunny's Journey To Pain Free Living!

Thank you lovely - I feel silly for still thinking about it even an hour ago but that's what we do isn't it - beat ourselves up about bad things!

There's a 6ft fence around my garden then the passage the their garden - but because they're on a trampoline they can still see over and spend the time staring in mine and the surrounding gardens. This past three or so weeks with it being the Easter Hols they've been on it a good 60% of the time when I've let my dogs out (the parents seem to chuck them out into the garden and to be fair it's not a nice garden, theres all sorts been chucked out into their garden like TV's and and furniture etc so there isn't an uncluttered lawn etc they could play on safely) but this is the first time there's been any comments.

Blooming heck I'm pissed off for you too sweetie!

I dunno though, I reckon it's worth having a word with the parents - maybe gently explain that you're on a plan, and encouragement works a million times better from people - even kids!

I really don't understand why people think it's OK to hurl hurtful comments our way. I once had a cyclist shout at me "Out of the way fattie!" - when she was riding illegally on the footpath!

Just found your diary Sumhill. You seem.to have had a good start. What horrible children live next to you, can you make any sort of a complaint to the council.about your privacy and dignity being invaded.

Thank you lovelies, unfortunately the abuse from the 'lovely' little children continues, today I pressure washed my garden whilst they were at school and it was lovely. This evening I let the dogs into the garden - I didn't even look outside, simply opened the door for them and it started. When ignored they just got louder and louder, so I popped my head out the door, counted the chimneys and said that I would report them to their parents (counted them to make sure I got the right house from the front). All I got was a 'yeah right!' and the abuse continued.

Now I've drafted a letter that I'm going to send (Already printed out, addressed, stamped and ready for the post box tomorrow) that details what they've said, when they've said it (ie every time we're outside when they are and now when we even just open our door) and that with the summer weather and school holidays coming up we won't stand for it. Added onto the letter that should it continue now they've been told we will simply pass it on to the council, their landlord and the antisocial behaviour dept of the local policing team as well as the school of the children (not that they would do anything as it's out of school but you never know - they may have a word with the parents and it being 'public' knowledge may spur them into something!)

Children will be children and should be allowed to enjoy their gardens.... but then again so should we! We own our house AND our garden - they don't get to take it from us! My mum heard it tonight which made me sad and has spurred me on in anger.

Some people are just plain horrible :(

WELL DONE Sunny, you don't need that nonsense from anyone.

What about the neighbours on the other side, do they get abused too? Might be worth checking so they can join in support?

Thank you love! Can cross of 'ready to be posted' and sub with now 'posted'. I've been sat stewing on it and just snapped and put my hoody on and went out and posted it tonight (post box is only 2 blocks down and round the corner) so hopefully Friday it should be delivered. I'm hoping for Saturday as it'd arrive on a day that isn't a school day so they'd be home as the parents opened it but then I'm mean hahaha!

Well.done, that was needed. I hated living in an area with neighbours....even though ours were lovely I just hated knowing they were there and we could here them.and they could here us.

Thank you lovelies. Every chance it will make it worse as well as hopefully making it stop so keeping fingers crossed. We should know this weekend by venturing outside and seeing what happens! I hate that I'm nervous about going in my own garden post school time/evenings/weekends because of children! It's utterly utterly ridiculous! Who the hell are they to make me feel like that!

... Okay, so clearly i'm still angry haha!

Had a phone all from the doctors about 10 mins ago, he wants to see me about weight loss after he's received a letter from my dermatologist who I see about my hyperhidrosis saying that I also need to lose weight alongside the medication that he's given me (that sadly doesn't seem to be working too well at current dose) so come this coming Tuesday I shall know more!

If it's the 12 week course they used to do (if they still do) for slimming world or weight watchers I won't be taking it up. Weight watchers (before it changed) she wanted me to eat more food to hit my points when that has never been a problem - I don't eat loads i just eat the wrong things because it is easier as a carer cos I get so so tired (which again is a vicious cycle as I know i'd be in less pain if I weighed less!) Slimming world I got resentful of the diet and what was 'healthy' and ended up going the other way.

I'm assuming it'd be more the dietitian at the hospital perhaps? We shall see!

You actually get a phone call from your GP? Wow wish we had that sort of follow up here in the big smoke, but no chance.

Well at least you can demonstrate you are working on the issue. It's so hard, having a food addiction and constantly saying no to things.

I know it's not for everyone but what I enjoy most about SW is the support from the class. The consultant is a bit rubbish but the group is hilarious. I tend to stick to the basic principles but eat mostly protein and veg, and I don't have any biscuits or stuff like that in the house because if they were there I'd scoff the lot down in one sitting! I also really limit bread, pasta and other carbs, and I don't spend all day eating pot noodles and Muller Lights, like some, who then wonder why they haven't lost :classic_roll_eyes::classic_err_what:.

I loved our group, the consultant was amazing and our little corner of people were known as 'the naughty corner'. Everyone was SO lovey and I'm in touch with quite a few after I left. It was the diet that I didn't get on with. If I could calorie count and still attend (without the fiver a week hahaha!) it'd be fantastic. I really wish there was a calorie counting group that did weigh ins - doesn't have to be anything official its just the group and the witnessed weigh in - it'd be perfect! :)

With regards to the neighbour problem - so far all quiet on the western front. I don't know if it means they've received it and they're disciplining the kids or if it hasn't arrived and they're just out - either way they're not out and the door is firmly locked whereas it's usually left wide open and they're outside from the second they get home (about half three) and now at 6 - still no sign. I'm crossing my fingers that I underestimated their parents and something will actually be done! :) I refuse to stay out of my own garden because other people are horrible!

Diet still going well - had a large not-quite-salad with a chicken, mozerella and ham panini roll today - it was absolutely cracking! :)

Hope everyone is well!

Suzie, it was more the receptionist rather than the GP as he'd told her that he was offering help if she needed it. I have spoken to the doctor a fair few times over the phone though - they sort of triage you or if you're requesting medicine (something you've had before or for a particular thing they ring you back same day, discuss it then leave you a prescription. They're a bloody lovely practice if I'm honest.

Morning Sunny

Let's think positive and hope that the parents are giving their awful offspring a good talking to - maybe they've been stopped from going outside as punishment! :)

Enjoy your garden, it's such lovely weather for it.

They haven't been out full stop all weekend - I think we can safely say the message has been received! :) Fingers crossed that's the end of it! :)

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Starting to feel a little guilty to be honest - haven't seen the kids since Thurs night now. Well done those parents though!

Doctor was lovely,he's prescribed orlistat which tbf I've taken before so we'll see if it helps this time.

He's also offered to go into the root of my back pain too if i want to make another appointment for it specifically.

Further 2.5lb off this week! :)

Hope everyone is okay x

Last edited:
Hello Sunny! How are you?

That was horrible to read about those children. Hopefully the fact you haven't seen them means they have been reprimanded and grounded for life! Fingers crossed they learn a valuable lesson.

Well done on the loss!

Evening lovelies - everything is going well here thank you! There's a gain of 2 and a half pound this week but to be honest - I had Friday to Sunday around 50% off plan starting with the Friday pampering through to a takeaway that evening (grilled chicken kebab) and a curry the next night that was in the calories... but the rowntrees pick and mix after wasn't :roofles::roofles: but it was fun and I enjoyed it! On top of that it's star week so I'm lucky to get off with just 2 and a half!

Pampering was lovely - the first thing we had to do was take our top half of the clothes off for the indian head massage but at no point did it feel awkward or weird - we ended up being there half 11 to half 2 too so it was all good! enjoyed it all and will definitely be going back - which is weird considering how much I was dreading it to start with!

Haven't started the orlistat yet - going to start them tomorrow at the 1st of the month

How are you all doing?

Back