Flab2Fab - Team 15 Official Thread

Morning everyone,

We have a new team member - nightpaz (believe your name is Kel/Kelly?) welcome to the team!

Please could you let me know your current weight (at last weigh in) and your weigh in day, thanks.

So, new team update:
Kel78
Peachy1982
MrsR2004 (wi mon/tues)
Hazeyblue (wi tues)
Nicaukids (wi mon)
Nightpaz

Here's to a great 2009 everyone xx

Hi all, just thought id say hello as ive just joined ur team, my name is Kerry (Kel), my weight at the moment is 11.13, (was 11.5 but gained a bit over xmas due to coming off cd), my weigh in day is Thursdays. My target weight was 10 stone but have now changed that to 9.5. Hope u all had a good xmas and new year, Kel xx

Hello

Hi Kerry, Peachy, Mrs R & Hazeyblue
Hope everyone's doing OK..?

My Start Weight: 14st 5lbs
& will post my inbetweenies too !

Hi Kel & Nicky, thanks for your details :) hope things are going well for you so far.....

Good luck Marie for tomorrows weigh in, hope its a good one for you!

My weigh in tomorrow too, have only been back SS 2 days so hoping the damage is not too bad, xmas and new year were pretty restrained but not SS! From tomorrow will be my first full week back on it which strangely I am looking forward to!

xx

Hi Kerry, Nicky and Mrs R :)

How you all doing?

You might not of done too much damage Mrs R, if you havnt gone overboard and you have SS'd for a couple of days you might of balanced out by now. I'll pop on later tomorrow and see how you have done and report my loss.

How has everybody else been doing?

Day 5 has been pretty much plain sailing again, havnt had my last shake yet, but I know I must go and have it. Might have a hot chocolate one :)

How are you getting on with the restart Mrs R?

Hi there,

Hoping it's not too bad, I had xmas day and boxing day off and SS the rest of the time and had 1lb gain, not too bad as I know you can have a big water gain after stopping ss. Then I had new years eve and day off and again SS the rest of the time so fingers crossed, I can cope with a 2-3lb gain over xmas and new year as it's easily shifted with CD and I have felt in control the whole time which is a nice feeling.

Am doing ok with it now, bit headachy but no where near as bad as when I first started, I am looking forward to getting another week behind me as it feels alot more comfortable then :)

Glad you are getting through first week ok xx

Hi Mrs R, whats your name, or do you just prefer Mrs R?

Its been pretty plain sailing this time round, managing ok with it, which I am really pleased about :)

I think you might be ok tomorrow, SSing for 2 days should of knocked a few pounds off if you have put any on at all.

Thanks Marie :)

Sorry, I keep asking everyone their name and didn't think about mine - it's Michelle xx

Ok,
I am back - if you want me that is?
Started again on Sunday and am doing 2 shakes plus a meal at night. Weigh in on Sunday.
I am skiing in 3 weeks time and need at least 7lbs off by then
Hope you are all well.
peachy
x

Hi Clare, (or peachy?)

Glad to have you back, sorry to track you down :eek: but glad to see you on here again and back on CD!

Thanks for your weigh in day, can you let me know your current weight please? Do you weigh in early or late sunday, deadline for us to post results is 6pm sunday I think so let me know.

Good luck with shifting some lbs before your skiing trip, great incentive!

xx

Hi Team,

It's a 4lb loss for me this week :clap: really chuffed as means over xmas and new year I had a collective loss of 3lb which is fab :D

Also, I saw this smilie and loved it, this is exactly what goes on in my head! x
:devilangel:

I told you Michelle, lol. Well done, I bet you are over the moon?

Mine was a loss of 8.5lb last night. Not bad at all considering it wasnt a full week. Roll on next week and few more off :D

Well Done Michelle & Maire
That's pretty good for starters :bliss:

Day 4 for me - feeling quite rubbish, headache & mouth like the bottom of a bird cage... Keep glugging, but this is harder than I remembered !
Nx

Thanks Marie, yes I am chuffed! well done on the 8.5lb that's fab!

Yes keep glugging Nicky, I have struggled with water today and a bit yesterday, its just sooooo cold!!!! Keep going x

Ok team weigh in update:
(5th Jan-11th Jan)

Kel78 - not sure if still around?:wavey:
MrsR2004 - 4lb loss, 1.72%
Hazeyblue - 8.5lb loss, 3.35%
Nicaukids - no weigh in, 1st next week
Nightpaz - weigh in thurs
Peachy1982 - no weigh in till next week

Peachy - because you don't get weighed till sunday night/monday we will have to include your results the following week, team results have to be posted by 6pm Sunday latest, sorry :(

Keep it up girls xx

Well Done Michelle & Maire
That's pretty good for starters :bliss:

Day 4 for me - feeling quite rubbish, headache & mouth like the bottom of a bird cage... Keep glugging, but this is harder than I remembered !
Nx

euww, mouth like Ghandi's flipflop, I hate that. I'm on day 7 and I am still getting that a bit.

Morning team,

Hows today going?

I am doing ok, still a bit stressed out (my little boy started nursery yesterday) and other things that I don't need to bore you with! but still SS, I just slip a bit on the water when I am busy! I am not sleeping well either so feeling :zz:

Good luck with your weigh in nightpaz!
xx

Hey all,
I am good this morning - I am in ketosis (checked this morning) and have quite a lot of energy today.
Also I bought an ANIMAL belt 2 weekends ago and on the last notch it was a bit tight, well today I am sat here with it on the 2nd notch - how exciting. It doesn't look very attractive with my wobbly bits hanging over a bit but on notch 1 by jeans were starting to fall down so notch 2 had to be done. How exciting. That is with 2 shakes a day plus a low carb meal in the evening I am so happy as 100% ssing really stresses me out and i end up cheating but at the minute I get through the day by knowing what I am going to cook that night.
Last night I had 2 chicken breasts stuffed with philli and spinach then wrapped in bacon and cooked at gas 6 for 25 mins. The night before I had chicken breast stirfry with cabbage, mushrooms and onion, a tiny bit of sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce.
Hope you all have a fab day.
So far I have had 2 black coffees and one shake.
I really want to get into the back into the 14s by Monday and only the weekend can sabotage me. But I read one of mikes No Willpower Required newsletters. Mike is Icemoose if you are not familiar wih him then he lost mega amounts of weight on CD and has now gone on to helping other people with weight issues to understand why they are overeating, to make good decisions about food and to reduce their weight forever. You can see the below link and see how amazing he has done.
Anyway, back to the point - one of his newsletter on Mike Scott's No Willpower Required Newsletter introduced me to beneficial intent. By realising the true benefit of something you are doing then
you control whether or not you should do it.
I have copied and pasted the idea below from the newsletter as its easier than trying to explain it myself.

By realising the true benefit you can then control the action!

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I remember when I first understood beneficial intent that for me it was like a eureka moment and therefore I want to share the idea with you and hope you will also get great benefit from it :)

If you think that everything you do, and I mean everything you do, has an initial benefit linked to it, then you can understand why you do what you do. Even if that action has a negative outcome then the original intent would have been beneficial.

For example, if you have had an argument with someone then you might well go and grab a chocolate bar and eat it. You could just argue that it isn't a benefit so therefore why did you do it. But the reality is that the original beneficial intent of having the food was to "cheer yourself up" and hence your mind was trying to make you happier. The fact that ultimately you will become overweight / obese is a negative outcome but the initial intent was very much positive.

So whenever you do anything and can't understand why you did it, instead of beating yourself up and generally saying you can't believe you did it, think instead of what the benefit was of doing it. When you realise the benefit you can then change the original action next time to still get the benefit, but without the destructive outcome.

When I was big I used to hate being by myself, therefore whenever Jo used to go to work I used to binge eat out of the cupboards in the kitchen. I always said I didn't know why I did it, but the reason I did it was that I was trying to change my emotional state from being lonely to enjoying the food. Now I am slim, I realise that actually I don't like being by myself because I am a sociable chap, so now I chat to my friends on the phone, come on the internet and write a few E-Mails or go on Facebook. Therefore, I have realised the original intent was to stop me being lonely but the way I was doing that was making me very very overweight, now I choose instead to keep in touch with people which gives me the same result but without the negative outcomes.

So remember ultimately everything you do is to help you, whenever you eat when maybe you think you shouldn't, or drink when you shouldn't or put an extra £50 on the overdraft then think , 'what was the benefit of doing that? '

Finally I was explaining this to someone the other day and they asked me this question "OK, what was the benefit of being big then Mike?", I sat for a few seconds before answering, "Because people never used to push me about then", it was another revelation to me as I realised that when I was at my biggest I had this hidden benefit in my mind of being some sort of tough guy (which I never was!).
(from nowillpowerrequired.co.uk) by Mike Scott
[/FONT]

It certainly hit home with me and I am now questioning what I am about to do and what benefits that packet of crisps or piece of toast I am cravingwill give me.
Hope this helps some of you.

Peachy
x

http://www.minimins.com/success-stories/10805-icemoose-one-year-now-two-new-photos-added.html

Wow Peachy that is very insiteful, great, thank you. I will go and visit Mikes website. :)

As for me today..........

:sick0019:

no further words required.

Back