Flapjack warning

Fat-girl-slim

Just been for my weigh in it is usually Thursdays but she is off tomorrow, lost 2lb, I said to her I am a bit sick of losing silly amounts each week now.

She said it could be as I am close to goal BUT - now I haven't heard this before - "it could be because you are eating Flapjacks, ideally they are for maintenance and because they contain carbohydrates they could be taking me out of Ketosis" :confused:

Like I say I haven't heard of this before, I have been having several Flapjacks a week for a few months and my losses seem to be 2/3lb.

I am steering clear of Flapjacks from now on, but just wanted to know if anyone else has been told this. I am so peed off that I wasn't told this before.

Just a heads up :)

bullcrap!!!

the flapjacks are tailored for the tfr - i dont think your pharmacist knows what shes on about here!

I have never been told that. even though I didnt like the flapjacks now, my losses were the same the first time I did LT (2 years ago)and at that time I was eating 2 per day!!!

Just looked on the back of the LT bag and Flapjacks are listed on there, if they wasn't for TFT and just for maintenance then surely they wouldn't be listed.
She has put me right off them now, I was so peed off when I left, don't get me wrong 2lb loss in 6 days isn't bad but why tell me that ? I felt as though I had been cheating myself all those weeks eating Flapjacks, she is usually so good.

Why don't you ring the helpline to set your mind at ease?

good idea girly chick :)

Hi, thought I would check the LT bag for info and although there are slightly more cals in the flapjacks they are actually significantly lower in carbs than the shakes, so don't understand what your pharmacist was on about, I think she/he needs to go back on the LT training!
Shakes are 147.7 cals and 15g of carbs and flapjacks are 191 cals and 8.3 carbs.
The only difference I can see is that if you eat a lot of flapjacks you are not on as low a cal diet as the shakes. For example 3 a day would equal an extra shakes worth! So could have 4 shakes instead, yummy!
I havn't tried them myself yet but from what i have read on here the likelihood of anyone stomaching 3 a day is pretty slim lol xx

I'm still plucking up the courage to try 1 lol

i have had flapjacks some weeks and then all shakes the other weeks depending on my work commitments I have to say I have not seen any difference. In fact one week when it was all shakes I lost less, think this is cos the flapjacks helped in the loo department. x

To be honest I think I will just stick to my shakes and soup, I only have about 8 weeks left so I can do without the Flapjacks, I did for weeks and it's not like I am missing out on much.
I have actually had 3 in 1 day, lol.

What rubbish! **shakes head in amazement**

she must be confused with the maintenace bars, if this was true why on earth would she let u take them? Silly woman1

I have had 1 flapjack a day since I started and my losses were fine, some good weeks some low weeks. One week I had to just have shakes coz I had a wisdom tooth removed and couldn't chew. I'd heard flapjacks could slow your losses so I was interested to see if there was a difference and there wasn't.

x

I'm now having three flapjacks a day, i suppose it's like the saying "can you eat three shredded wheat?" ha ha.
I lost 3lb last week on a combination so it will be interesting what i have lost this week, i feel like i have done well and will find out either fri or sat, depending on work committments. It is true though, they really help you in the toilet department!!! sometimes a little too much!!:sick0019:

Firstly - congratulations on managing more than one of the flapjacks, I personally found them revolting.

I think your pharmacist must be mixing up the maintenance bar with the flapjack, as the flapjack is the only solid thing on the TFR program, along with the shakes and the soup.

So many stories on here seem to highlight pharmacists lack of knowledge on this programme, which is quite worrying.

So many stories on here seem to highlight pharmacists lack of knowledge on this programme, which is quite worrying.

Totally agree! (Does this make it a truce Mark?? LOL!)

Would somebody please tell me whether it's hear-hear or here-here - I often want to say it but don't know which it is - although hear hear makes more sense to me! x

Totally agree! (Does this make it a truce Mark?? LOL!)

Would somebody please tell me whether it's hear-hear or here-here - I often want to say it but don't know which it is - although hear hear makes more sense to me! x

Jan, it's hear hear and as far as a truce goes....hmmmm...i'll think about it! lmao

Jan, it's hear hear ....

*** thinks .... B**GGER!!! Why did it have to be you who knew that ... I can't admit you knew more than me and therefore taught me something .... hmmmmmmm ... :hmm:..... I KNOW!!! .... ***

Oh thank you Mark - I knew that really ..I was just wondering if YOU did! :sad0071: :giggle: xx

Back