Flapjack

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
Hey lovleys.

Does anyone have a good tasting sw version of flapjack, or know of the lowest branded flapjack..

xxxxxx

Can nobody answer this?????? I would really like to know too............I LOVE flapjack..............hmmmmmmmmm, yummy! x

Haha, eurgh.. i want flap jack dammit!

in a last ditch attempt i have just melted two tea spoons of lighter spreadable and mixed witha table spooon of sweetner and mixed with 28g of musilie, and its in teh fridge. We'l see how it goes. LOL

but please, anyone with a better idea?? i so do not know how to make flapjack even a full fat non-sw version to re-create myself..

help help help. Flapjack emergancy lol x

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These are the best ones I could find online but even then they are still pretty high I think. Fine for a treat though!!!! Hopefully someone will come up with a SW recipe to make for them though.

Tesco Light Choices, Cranberry, Apple & Raisin Flapjacks, 6 pack 30g each[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 5 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 5 Syns
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tesco Healthy Living, Flapjacks, 5 pack 29g each[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 5½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 5½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Oh my god i LOVE flapjack!! yummmmmmmmmm!!!! I really hope someone comes up with a recipe for it soon!! :D

i was dreaming about a mcflurry 5mins ago, and now flapjack. Oh no imagine flapjack covered in a rolo mcflurry, i better go feast on a muller to get theses evil thoughts outta my head lol

haha, well...my little home version has turned out uber nice.. and the 28g is 4.5 syns or a b box.. and 2 syns for the 2 tespoons of lighter spread.. and sweetner is free..

iv decided as a treat to myself im going to re-create a dessert me and the OH had on our valentines meal when we went away earlier this year..

so il warm the flapjack, (maybe my home made one so 2syns) and then top with 75g of ben and jerrys low fat strawberry cheesecake frozen yog for 6 syns ish (100g is 8.5) and top with rasberrys and strawberrys, YUM!

x

I found this flapjack recipe, thought you could use sweetener instead of demerara, not sure about the syns value though, it would have to be worked out.

150g (2 cups) porridge (rolled) oats.
2 tablespoons demerara sugar
2 tablespoons golden (light corn) syrup
100g (1/2 cup) butter
pinch of salt
set the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4

Grease a shallow 18cm round or 15cm square cake tin using a little butter or margarine.

Put the butter, syrup and sugar into a medium sized saucepan and melt together over a very low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon. Do not let the mixture boil.

Take the pan off the heat and stir in the oats and salt, mixing everything together well.

Pour the mixture into the cake tin and press down with the back of a spoon or a plastic spatula.

Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes until a golden brown colour.

Remove the tin from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Cut into wedges or squares, but leave in the tin until completely cold before removing.

oo it could be quite high because of the amount of rolled oats, but if it makes loads then i spose the bigger it is the less syns it is per portion?

thanks for the recipe luvvie!! im beginning to think that there is no sw recipe for flapjack u know? think some improvising is needed here! lol

xxxxxxxxx

I found this one too - I am now going to have to make flapjack.

Attachments

• Flapjack.pdf
    126.3 KB · Views: 908
Well the Tate & Lyle one is now in the oven - all this talk of flapjacks has sent me over the edge.

If ayone can give this the SW treatment please let us know.

I will have a small piece just to test it when it is done of course.....

Trifle? how do you make a sw one of them? I'd appreciate if you could let me know (that's my kind of flapjack - if you know what I mean, lol

this thread is dangerous, im tempted too. i did need to pop to tescos for some potatos, wonder if i can resist lol

haha, aww okay,

1 sachet of hartleys suger free jelly crystles..
2 pots of ambrosia vanilla flavour custard ready to eat (usually by the jelly) .. 7 syns a pot
and a can of low fat squirty cream any variety..

Makes 5! 4 - 4.5 syns per pot

Make up jelly as directed and pour between 5 glasses..

put in fridge and set, when ready top with the custard, and return to fridge to get a more set consistency.. and when ready to eat, squirt with ya cream.. 1.2 syn per table spoon (hence why iv [put varying syns as i put loads on mine lol) ..

i also put rasberrys at the bottem with my jelly :)

xxx

Flapjack is probably the most un-SW-able thing I can think of. Essentially it is oats, butter, sugar and syrup :eek: I don't think it would be possible to replace virtually all the ingredients and still make it taste of flapjack! lol!

pity though - I was hoping this thread had the magic formula ;)

haha, aww no i feel like iv got everyones hopes up and no-one has coem to the rescue!

sorry folks.. thinking flapjack will forever be high synage lol x

Noooooo! I love flapjack, and had banished them from my mind, now they are back and I am craving them after reading this thread....ooo the chewy oaty syrup getting stuck on my teeth....ARGH! lol

Back