?? flapjacks??

Yep, you can use them as part of TFR. Try one or two first. They really are an acquired taste. Pretty gross, but v handy for when you are out all day. Two flavours; peanut or coconut. IMO both taste the same!!! You can break them up and have them with a coffee.

Acquired taste is right molly it took me an hour on fri to eat the peanut 1!!!

When I went for my weigh in and to collect my supply I said mix up my stuff as I like variety. There were no coconut flapjacks left only peanut so I said give me 4. Seen as I was still to have 1 shake that evening I tasted the flapjack when I got into my car. I JUMPED back out and went straight in to change them for shakes. It took the drive home and all the time it took for me to get ready to go out to finish it.... TORTURE!!! YUUUUUUUUCK:jelous::jelous:

I'm sticking to the shakes and soup I actually have become quite acustomed to the choc shake yuuuuuum!!!

Oh!! The bloody soup!!!! The thought of it makes me want to hurl. lol
Nothing would entice me to have the soup. I tried soooo hard to get used to it but noooooo way.
The flapjacks, well a couple a week are handy for long days out etc. Our tastebuds are different and will go through changes whilst on TFR. Just gotta view it as medicine and get it down our necks some way or other!!!

they are part of the tfr but in all honesty u ar lucky not to be offered them. have u ever chewed on cardboard???? well i would imagine that would be alot nicer lol

u should ask for one just to see for yourself but it took me an hour to chew a third of one.

are the flapjacks anything like the scanbran on slimming world? ie like eating cardboard? If anyone has done slimming world...

Ha see how different they are I actually like the soup.

I was in my sis in laws yest and they all got chipper so i made my soup and ate it while they ate theirs... My 7 yr old nephew said are u on a diet or something I said yes he asked so what do u eat I said soup, shakes and really healthy food (too young to tell him I dont actually eat solids) and he said are you losing weight, I said yes. He said are you happy I said yes, then he said Then u wont rob my chips so.... Kids are gas!!!

Oh ok guys, might try them this wk..just one coz if i could manage them it'd be handy for work instead of taking a blender out in front of a pub full of people..especially sat nights. I couldn't stomach the soup either irishmolly and can't manage s.berry now either..that's why i'm annoyed lady in chemist didn't tell me bout flapjacks...it's nice to have a choice, even if i decide i don't want it:sigh: While i'm on the subject..do you all get tested for ketosis??

No I didn't But Im gona ask about it when I go in for my next WI..... I have to be in it at this stage!!!

Would u not buy a shaker instead of using ablender I find if I put the water in and put the strainer thing in (HAS to be dry) the sieve my powder in banging occassionally to get rid of lumps then bang on the lid and shake it vigoruosly its lovely and smooth and now lumps!!! I do the same for the soup only i then put it into a mug and bang it into the micro wave for 2 mins to heat up as u cant use hot water in the shaker!!

Very handy for work etc and alot less hassle then a blender!!

As someone mentioned, they are an acquired taste - me and my partner love them and really enjoy the variety that they add to a mainly liquid diet. It is also nice to chew something also when it feels like you havent chewed anything for an eternity - the taste isnt fantastic but the peanut ones are definately good for me.

Cannot stomach them i feel sick thinking about them, its the taste so bad i can't describe it yuch!!!!

Oh ok guys, might try them this wk..just one coz if i could manage them it'd be handy for work instead of taking a blender out in front of a pub full of people..especially sat nights. I couldn't stomach the soup either irishmolly and can't manage s.berry now either..that's why i'm annoyed lady in chemist didn't tell me bout flapjacks...it's nice to have a choice, even if i decide i don't want it:sigh: While i'm on the subject..do you all get tested for ketosis??

I only get them because they're handy for me working late shifts.

I feel like i'm eating that stuff that you always see behind a butchers counter on the floor.

As for Ketosis, I test myself. As far as I know, you can buy them in boots - just tell them that someone in your family is a diabetic. Or, if like me, you work in a hospital, you can 'borrow' them.

;)

Also can grab the ketostix on ebay if you want to test yourself. Waiting for mine to arrive as I've been taking fat burners for the past couple of days. Going to uni at about 4 tonight and a mate is bringing a couple in for me to last while I wait for mine to be delivered so will be checking to make sure I'm still in, though the scales are saying that I must be!

Also can grab the ketostix on ebay if you want to test yourself. Waiting for mine to arrive as I've been taking fat burners for the past couple of days. Going to uni at about 4 tonight and a mate is bringing a couple in for me to last while I wait for mine to be delivered so will be checking to make sure I'm still in, though the scales are saying that I must be!

Good stuff mate.

How do you feel with the fat burners etc?

Your pee isn't purple with pink stripes or anything?

;)

Purple with pink stripes??? lol. I'd be a bit worried! haha

So fat they're fine, giving me a LOT more energy. Other than that feeling the effects of general ketosis but with more energy. Quite pleased really. Considering I'm only on day 4 I reckon my first weeks loss will be pretty large...

The flapjacks are an aquired taste!!
I can't stand the coconut ones.....but not a fan of coconut anyway, but the peanut ones have actually grown on me!
I tend to break them into small pieces while they are still in the packet and then put it in the freezer.......then throughout the day if I feel I need something to "eat" then I just have a piece and it lasts a little longer cos it's frozen!

Give it a try as it gives you a litle bit more variety to this diet..........and the first time I tried one it did taste like cardboard but now really like them!

Back