Flaxseed

Whitey

Hi just want to know if you can add flaxseed to your shakes and soups as it is good for weight loss and no. 2's:)

Well, flaxseed is all about the essential fatty acids, which is great, but fat does have calories. If you are on SS then I reckon you ought to check how much in calories you will be adding to your daily intake. Psyllium husks are good for no. 2's and are allowed on CD. I hope a CDC will come on and answer the flaxseed question.

Thanks for the advice.

I have psyllium husks and they work great for me dont know about flaxseed but hopefully a cdc will be along with the official reply xxx

I love ground flax seed and I add it to my yogurt daily, it is a good for you kind of fat.

I love ground flax seed and I add it to my yogurt daily, it is a good for you kind of fat.

... but not on a VLCD. I can't imagine that a CDC would say it's ok to have extra fats of ANY kind whilst SSing as the CD packs are nutritionally complete.

If you want a natural digestive aid to help prevent constipation then I'd stick to psyllium husks :)

Back