Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Flaxseed

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Whitey, 30 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Whitey

Whitey Full Member

Hi just want to know if you can add flaxseed to your shakes and soups as it is good for weight loss and no. 2's:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Rising_Sun

Rising_Sun Seeking thinner peace

Current Weight:
    23st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Diet:
    post-op Gastric Bypass
    Well, flaxseed is all about the essential fatty acids, which is great, but fat does have calories. If you are on SS then I reckon you ought to check how much in calories you will be adding to your daily intake. Psyllium husks are good for no. 2's and are allowed on CD. I hope a CDC will come on and answer the flaxseed question.

4. Whitey

Whitey Full Member

Thanks for the advice.

5. Fuffa

Fuffa Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I doubt very much you can have them sorry.

6. mandye

mandye Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st13lb(50.83%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDDGE DIET SS
    I have psyllium husks and they work great for me dont know about flaxseed but hopefully a cdc will be along with the official reply xxx

7. Flab-u-less-Flower

Flab-u-less-Flower Silver Member

I love ground flax seed and I add it to my yogurt daily, it is a good for you kind of fat.

8. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    ... but not on a VLCD. I can't imagine that a CDC would say it's ok to have extra fats of ANY kind whilst SSing as the CD packs are nutritionally complete.

If you want a natural digestive aid to help prevent constipation then I'd stick to psyllium husks :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.